2009/Apr/20: Extreme Leveling Contest

The "Rune Scape Extreme : Speed Leveling Contest" begins April 20th 2009.

The prize is 3-months ($20 USD) in pre-paid membership to the greatest MMORPG of all time, RuneScape!

Rules of Contest:

1) At 12:00AM USA EST, on April 20th 2009, the entire world shall be informed of the "tag" to include for the start of their entry into this contest.

(Example: If the tag is "z99", you must create a new account starting with "z99", and follow that with as much of your primary account name that fits. If you main is "SkilLife" then you would enter this contest as "z99_SkilLife".)

2) The first account to get ANY non-membership skill level ranked in the hiscores page on RuneScape shall win.

3) You shall NOT use your current account for this contest. You shall be issued an account name in which YOU yourself must register at the time the contest begins.

(Review Rule 1 of contest for full details.)

4) Anti-Macro: Any persons involved in this competition are subject to checks, in order to prevent cheating such as automation or away-from-keyboard. As such, ALL accounts used in the competition MUST remain with their "private" chat set to "on" at all times.

5) You do NOT need to currently be a member of RuneScape in order to win. You do, however, need to inform the clan-chat channel of "Catherby_9" the moment in which you have earned a ranked skill on the hiscores for your contest account.

6) This event spans across multiple websites and clans (cannot name those here), so there WILL be a great deal of competition amongst other RuneScape players, on a world-wide scale. As such, be sure to check to daily on the RuneScape forum topic posted by "Catherby_9" labeled "Extreme Leveling Contest" to see the current progress of all participants.

(When the winner is located, the account name shall be posted in response to the contest thread on the Runescape forum. So check back daily.)

7) To enter this contest, be active at the RuneScape forum topic "Extreme Leveling Contest" on April 20th 2009, at 12:00 USA EST.

May the fastest and smartest skiller win. And goodluck 'scaping, everyone!

If you win, do you get to choose which account gets the Membership or does it go into the account thats participating?

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

The contest is fully explained in the official forum at RuneScape.

The winner gets the scratch off code from the back of the prepaid gift card, and uses it toward the account he or she chooses to use it on.

The "tag" used for names entering this contest from the Rune Tips, shall begin their new account name as "R09_". The first user to get any ranked hiscore skill of the F2P access (not P2P skills), to notify clanchat Catherby_9, shall win. On April 21st 2009, the winner will be announced on all forums, according to the account name they entered the contest as.

Is the competition still going on?

Cause I last checked the RSOF for the post and it was locked saying that the prize was not allowed since it was based on RWT.

Ive already asked the CC but they ignore me :x

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

yeah...i think this may be a scam...the fact he's hosting it on monday will automatically eliminate anyone who has a job, or is going to school....also the fact that you need someone's p/w to add membership to their acc....this guy should be beaten with the most american thing i can think of....a "tea-bag" :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D

div>

April 2009's "RS2 F2P ELC" winner is R67_Skull59 (DeathSkull59).

The video is hosted by YouTube ( /watch?v=qhJnBvBVOS0 ).

As for the continued questions regarding all of our contests in the W9HQ thread at RSOF or RS Board as we at NG refer to it, Mod Crow is a new member to the Jagex team, and I already have spoken with all of the follow staff members (Sarah, Alan, Fnord, Far). Everyone except for Mod Crow, realize there is no risk taken through use of the Ultimate Game Card which incurs Rule 12 in any way shape nor form. And being the code of a scratched off gift card is 10 digits, it in no way requires Rule-6 of account access sharing, neither does it risk my credit card in any way, being I paid for all 9 of my gift cards using cash in US dollar form at Wal-Mart.

I reported the event, clearly stating what the prize is, and it has yet to be an issue for Mod Crow thus far.

http://forum.[Please Use QuickFind Code].ws?42,43,871,58717154

Read the official W9HQ on RS forums. I'm sure you shall learn a thing or two about how a "gift card" is read via private chat on the game called RuneScape. And that code is entered through use of the "Payment without Credit Card" and clicking on the "Ultimate Game Card" option from Jagex itself.

Thanks for your time. And as you can see in the video, the prize was given directly through game via private chat to account name R67_Skull59. He earned 44 firemake in only a matter of 3 hours and 16 minutes, the fastest record for a F2P hiscore rank.

FourSideKing: The fact that I work a job on the weekends, and you have a life during the week, is not my problem. Just that much more chance for actual hard-code RS addicts to win something for a change, rather than simply those weekend warriors.

Medead0: Yeah, it only took a few hours for this contest to find a winner in clan Catherby_9. I reposted the event at the forum of RuneScape, under my other account name, NGoR46, including the facts for Mod_Crow to be more aware of the new features provided by Jagex through the Ultimate Game Card they endorse and license through use of the Jagex trademark.

You can check the RS forum for either "Extreme Leveling Contest" or "W9HQ" for news on all events when they begin and when they end, of this type. And also, there are other odds and ends that help you for future events we host. The chat channel title is changed back to "W9HQ" every time an event isn't under way. And there is also video coverage on YouTube and MySpace for anything and everything we host, in video format.

Again, my apologies for the users of the world 9 chat channel. They tend to be in their own little world majority of the time.