the best and the worse mini game

khandajatt

Castle Wars is dead. I loved the game, but now, it's forgotten. In a time of efficiency, people don't want fun. They want the exp and rewards, sadly.
Indeed. Castle Wars used to be the only thing I did on Runescape. It was in the days before themed worlds.

Themed worlds made it go downhill in my opinion. Before them, I could go to any world, there would always be some average 'scapers like me, who just wanted to have a good game. Nowadays, you can only have a game if you go to a themed world. These are usually busy, with tons of high levels, usually what I call, "pro CWers". What I also don't like now is the way that the equipment has changed. Nowadays, every pro CWer has full armadyl, godsword, full ahrims with the ability to barrage, d claws, those expensive spirit shields... it just goes on. Everybody is so stacked with high level equipment now, that it just isn't fun anymore for the average player like me, who isn't the richest of types. What's more, these players are all obviously together somehow, which means they can easily dominate the game (and they all join the same side).

What I used to love was the fact that it was just random people, having a good game. People would want to have even teams, and make things nice and close. For me, having a close game and losing, was a lot better than having a stacked team and winning 10-0. Then it was more about tactical stratergy. Nowadays, it's just who can call all their friends round and stack a team.

Meh, sorry for the rant, but if you'd asked me a year or 2 ago what my favourite minigame was, I would have said Castle Wars 100%. Now though, it'd probably be:

Best: Either:

Stealing Creation - Can change your gameplay to add more variation, which makes it appeal for longer. Good rewards also make it my favourite.

or

Barbarian Assault - I used to play this many a day once upon a time too. Good team game, and if you got a decent team, it was well worth it.

Worst:

Gnome Ball - Erm...

Rat Pits - Never been able to do this, as no-one ever plays. Doesn't particularly excite me though, from what I've read of it.