Firefox Peculiarity

Stragomagus

I have recently noticed that when reloading a tab within firefox the memory usage used by it goes up, but does not go back down to where it was previously.

After doing some extra tests, starting at 95k memory and after reloading the memory goes up to 106k, but continues to keep going up after each reload.

Has anyone else noticed this peculiarity or is this the famed memory leak problem I have heard so much about?

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

I've noticed this too, but it has been doing that for as long as I can remember, so I think it is the famed memory leak. Anyway, I've used Firefox less than a year, Opera being better.

I've been using Firefox for 3 years, but didn't notice it doing this until today when it said it was using over 365mb of ram,which is what led to the test in the first post.

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.