Google Chrome Flashing while playing Runescape

bedman

If I'm playing Runescape and I have facebook on another tab, and someone is replying to me, my screen flashes (goes white for a split second). This also happens with other sites when they are loading things, sometimes with tip it too.

Anything I can do to stop this, cause it's pretty annoying.

Same with me. Google chrome doesn't like Java very much, I suppose. Oftentimes, the entire screen flashes very rapidly and at random times the entire applet freezes for a few seconds.

Switch browsers...

Use Mozilla, or Flock.. Flock is good with social networking stuff, and its like mozilla. I'd recommend using that.

Hi if you're reading this you are amazing and I love you.

Maybe they'll release a bugless update for April Fools. That'd sure be a joke

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]

[hide][hide][hide][hide]Congrats, you reached the end!

Now go outside![/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide][/hide]

I use chrome, but it doesn't flicker like you described. I do play Runescape in an Application shortcut window though, which gets rid of all the toolbars and sets it in its own window with a size which is remembered each time you open it. You could try that by going to the Runescape game and clicking the page button and choosing Create Application Shortcuts. However, if you want to play in the same window with the other tabs, I'm almost certain that another browser is your only option at the moment.

Foooman.png

Yeah I guess I'll start playing Runescape in a seperate tab. Just got to get used again to changing screens at the bottom of my screen, in stead of through the tabs.

And to the people suggesting other browsers: No I really like Chrome. Okay, firefox is about as good, but I got used to Chrome now and don't feel like changing again. It's fast, it's smooth, and it remembers a lot of settings.