Aeroika

archimage_a

Aeroika. A nice, ruthless, money-hungry, forum game.

6gGtD.png

History

[hide]The year was 1630, the site was Versallies, the date was the 13th of November. Cardinal Richelieu is exiled from France.

Without Richelieu at the helm a young noble by the name of Cargis Detrye rises to local power in Marsallies. This seemingly inconsequential action is made consequential when Cargis creates the world's first Steam-Powered Aeroplane in 1681! The plane could only fly a few hundred meters at a time and crashed on its third flight, but it proved that it could be done and within five years the Cargis Aeroplane made a flight from Marsallies to Paris where the King personally congratualated the young inventor.

When the Nine Years' War started(1688) France unveiled its new weapon. Although only five hundred existed and they were currently, largely, unarmed, a combination of five cannon balls, a bow, and a few dozen arrows made the flying machine capable of sniping key individuals, as well as bombing troops.

The effect was devestating and the Grand Alliance deteriorated. France claimed Luxembourg, parts of the old Holy Roman Empire, Savoy and part of Northern Italy.

With France's power unchecked it unified the crown of Bourbon, bringing Spain under its control. As the situatation on the rest of the continent began to deteriorate England looked to its neighbours, Scotland, Wales and Ireland to forming a United Kingdom to withstand the French onslaught. Unsuprisingly Scotland and Ireland refused, which was unacceptable and England invaded and destroyed native control, repopulating the lands with Europeans fleeing from the continent. This action proved dire as without the Scottish Enlightenment reason languished and authority remained paramount.

On the continent France continued to expand, subdujating Italy as well as most of the Holy Roman Empire.

The Ottoman Empire, sensing European weakeness invaded Austria, ending the Christian monarchy in that area.

This sparked a major war between Russia-France and the Ottoman Empire, however this war only lead to France taking control of a large chunk of Russia.

Britain meanwhile was in the throws of revolution as the newly forming middle class demanded more freedom. This was granted by the importation of some colonial ideas on liberty, specifically George Washington's arrival at Liverpool, where he gave such a rousing speech that many called him the next Prime Minister.

In 1790 he became Prime Minister and reformed the United Kingdom into a 'Federation of States' but more commonly known as the United States of Great Britian and Northern America.

By 1800 the continent of Europe was a French State with Scandinavia on its knees and the Ottoman Empire tolerated.

Then in 1803 Grand Marshal Napolean lead a coup against the French King, seizing power and starting a new war with the United Kingdom.

The United Kingdom had been incredibly isolationist up until that point and so no one knew that Britian had developed an Autogyro.

There were two significant battles, the Battle of Waterloo, which saw the final defeat of European Seperatists, and the British. As well as the Battle of Trafalgar, which signalled the end of naval warfare as the French fleet was totally crushed and Napolean killed by an errant shot.

The Hero of Trafalgar returned home to become Prime Minister and PM Nelson lead British colonisation of South America.

The colonisation of South America turned into a farse when Vikings and Portaguse were discovered. These were tresspassers though on the British Manifest Destiny.

This idea however caused the activation of a Native American defense mechanism, effectively destroying a third of the North American contient by, somehow, sending it skywards by 1000 feet.

France meanwhile was in the throws of revolution as numerous individuals were rounded up and sent to the Bastile, which was later burned down.

The Unrest allowed a joint Ottoman-British alliance to succeed in Spain, giving the British Gibraltar Rock and the Ottoman's control of Spain Major.

This new age of Ottoman expansionism lead to the conquest of Southern India, some of the Pacific Islands and, most notably, Austrialia, which had only been of minor interest to the European powers involved there.

India rose up against this invasion though and threw off the chains of Islamic oppression.

China also began to send ships across the Pacific, ignoring Japan, to the West American Continent, colonising it.

Russia, having effectively been pruned of all power ceeded a lump of territory to create the Serbian Federation, seperate from the Motherland.

The Dutch, being different from the rest of Europe formed the Dutch East India Confederation, which controlled most of the Pacific Islands.

As the 19th Century lurched to its half way point, 1850, the African contient became of importance to France as it had been confined to Europe, like a ship in a bottle.

The 'Rush to Africa' as it became known largely meant the domination of Africa by the French, but this over exertion forced them to sell territory to the United States, which had gold a plenty from the East and South American Continents.

Four British States were set up in Africa, bringing the number of states in the union to 24. The Gold Coast, South Africa(which had been Britain's long term colony), the Eastern Seaboard and the Federated State of Africa.

The Federated State of Africa and the Eastern Seaboard declared independance from Britain.

In 1880, with the world in some sembalance of power, a new threat appeared. Entire convoys would disappear and for a long time no one knew why, until, in 1899 part of Gold Coast State declared Independance, claiming itself as the Barbary Coast Corsairs. It declared war on all powers and refused to negotiate on any issue. [/hide]

That is the history book...now for the truth.

[hide]

The United States is locked in a civil war with two of its South American States.

The Russian Empire is grossly underpopulated, effectively the area is uninhabited.

The Chinese Empire is practically in civil war with itself. The West American colony is practically ready to declare independance if moves are not made immediately.

The Viking Empire is simmering nicely, however the whole state of affairs is ready to explode along the lines of religion as Government and People disagree as to whether they are Christian or Norse.

France is stagnate and bueacratic. Nothing can be done without a vote, a strike and then a mound of paper work.

The Serbian Federation is far from its homeland and wants to reunite with Russia, however France has declared that it will declare war on Russia if it does, so Russia is refusing. Until it gets more land the SB is overpopulated and malenourished.

The Ottoman Empire is overstreched, but coping. Unlike the other powers it doesn't face a crisis unless it actually has to do something.

The Gold Coast is well hated as being the slave state(Slavery was outlawed, globally, in 1830) however France and Russia supply slaves to the country from their boarder skirmishes, as does the Ottoman Empire from its colonial empire. Currently only the United States has the moral authority to invade, but if it invades it will be condemned at home for imperialism.

The Federated State of Africa is heavily underdeveloped and is full of Europeans who hate being in Africa because they were sold there as slaves. It is also full of Africans who hate being slaves or who hate Europeans being in Africa. It is resource rich but any project fails because of the aforementioned problems.

The Indian Empire is almost constantly at war with one of its four neighbours.

the Dutch East India Confederation is underdeveloped and lacks the capital to do anything substantive.

The USSRJ(Japan) is inhabited by pod people. It is extremely isolationist.

Sigma is a floating continent, but it is breaking apart. Estimates place the final disintergration occuring in 132 years(August 10th 2010 real life time, 2032 game time). Meanwhile the high altitude has made anything except steam power ineffective at producing electricity.

The Barbary Coast Corsairs currently dominate the sealanes, there is a economic slump in the world due to overproduction and sea levels are rising as the Sigma continues to break apart(This bit doesn't really mean anything it just explains why there is no extra land with Sigma missing from the surface).[/hide]

Rules

[hide]Each person may control ONE nation. If there is a free nation you may take control of it automatically, if there are no free nations avalible then you must ask me and I will see who's empire in unstable and a revolution will occur if they don't deal with problems expediantly.

My word is law. Do not argue with it, do not ignore it.

Random events WILL occur, they will frequently be bad for you. Frequently your actions WILL make things worse, but some actions will make some things much much worse. Sometimes ignoring the problem will solve it better, but most of the time not doing anything will cause greater problems.

It is critically important to keep your Wiki page (http://tipithegemony.webs.com/apps/wiki/aeroika) up to date as ONLY figures from there will be counted offically. However responces will ONLY be counted from this thread.

If you invade another player then the attack can be worked out between yourselves or it may go though me, ie you will post or pm me your attack details(Figures and images may be included) it will be worked out and a report posted.

There are a few rules involved with sending stuff to me to be worked out(This can largely be ignored by you but just so you know). The first is that there will be a day wait, the second is that orders, even if you later retract them, will be obeyed unti sufficent time has passed.

Time is measured in days, which last 8 minutes each. So if you send me orders at 8:16 and then retract them at 8:38, and say your orders were to sink a ship, then that ship would get sunk. If the orders were to attack a country, and you then retracted them, then your forces would start the attack, then retreat.

Players are asked to understand they do not have 100% control over their troops if they send stuff for me to work out. You can give me orders, but I can interpret them as a general would interpret orders...or ignore them completely if I think they are ridiculous(This is to stop orders like 'kill ABC first' when it turns out that ABC is not on the battle field)

All players are asked to be reasonable with their posting. If people want me to work out how long a technology will take to research then ask me. You can claim your own figures, but if other people disagree you can't use those figures and must create new figures or ask me(This only counts for the week after you announce you are researching something, after that your technology is allowed to exist regardless). Technology that is traded will only take half the time to research, but cannot be used off the cuff. HOWEVER some technology, which is currently on the first page of the Aeroika wiki, is impossible, or will take a set amount of time, this list must be followed.

Similarly economics and such are at the players disgression. If you want me to work something out then I shall. My word is law globaly, your word is also law in your own country. If you want to claim that you found a billion tonnes of gold then fine. You will get alot of random events, hate mail from other players(probably) and get me personally annoyed for trying to wreck the game.

My word overrules your word. I will not overrule anything physical(I find a billion tonnes of gold) but I will overrule the mental(The people think this is a good idea). So it is proably not a good idea to tell me what the people like because I respect your right over the physical and expect you to respect my right over the mental.

If I am ever found to be insane/gone on holiday or other significant absence causing incident(for more than 2 days) then please stop pming me, also do not act stupidly because I will(probably) return. [/hide]

Who controls what

[hide]

Serbia-Dusty668

China-Hex

Brazil-Doom

Sigma-Ross

France-Sere

United States-Grim

Russia-RPG

Makara Empire-Rocco

Barbary Coast-Archi

Federated State of Africa-

Gold Coast-

Ottoman Empire-

Dutch East India Confederation-

Viking Empire- Mather

[/hide]

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.