BLood Runs Deep

I Haven't seen other peoples post fully . but appolgise in advance for over voicing other peoples suggestions or corrections

anyway

Correction to quest guide:

"It is suggested to use the 'Protect from Ranged' prayer throughout the fight, as ranged is her primary method of attack (her melee and mage are secondary)."

This is simply not true when ever i attacked she always started with melee. With a bit of experience in prayer switching it is best to swap prayers, as she seems to keep one attack going for conservative hits

Guide to mother with suggestion

I found wearing a hybrid set, simple as mystic robe top, glory, Karils skirt and berseker helm works fine. also i wore barrows gloves.

Items: Blood runes, bolts, Rune cbow, balmung prayer pot(in my case was 1) str and att pot, ele runes not staffs.

Attacking

Whilst attacking the mother start of with balmung and always keep equiped until you have to range. Use autocast so you just click them on and off no need to right click. By keeping the balmung equiped instead of using a staff saves you time and allows a valuable attack. After using a range weapon always turn your necessary mage spell and then equip balmung .(not the otherway round, allow the spell to hit first)

Prayer

Pray melee first but change when she changes her attack. The Melee attack looks like a bite and a swing of the head. The range attack is spikes from her back, and the mage attack is a water wave.(melee may not be first attack sorry)

The melee and range attacks seem to be able to hit into the 40's whilst the max i got hit with mage was 18.

Food

eat when necessary but as long as you change your prayers fast enough you will need very little, just enough to refill your health to full after a stong attack

OTher

F1 is bag F3 is spell book and F4 is prayer these are the quick keys and can come in use full

Pot up str att before Fight

Ring of life will tele you to fremenik spirit world and offer to tele you back to water birth island outside the well.

The Fight lasted me a good 5 mins, and after 2 attemps i realised after so much damage proberly 1/8th of her health she switches her attack style. Instead of just adding a randome range or mage attack like quest quide suggested

Thank you ins some wierd way i hope it helps someone :P

Ninifazter

• 2 months later...

Hello, and sorry for the late reply. :)

To business:

Correction to quest guide:

"It is suggested to use the 'Protect from Ranged' prayer throughout the fight, as ranged is her primary method of attack (her melee and mage are secondary)."

This is simply not true when ever i attacked she always started with melee. With a bit of experience in prayer switching it is best to swap prayers, as she seems to keep one attack going for conservative hits

I'm afraid you're mistaken. Several crewbies studied her attack patterns when the quest was first released, as there was a dispute at the time over whether or not she had a magic attack. Ranged was found to certainly be her primarily method of attack, as it was both the most common and accurate of all her attack styles. Also, prayer switching during the fight is of little use, since her cycle of weaknesses isn't uniform (she doesn't have a defined pattern like the previous Dagannoth Mother) and there is little time to spare between having to continuously switch attack styles and eat throughout the fight.

--------------------------------------

Concerning your boss fight method, thank you for taking the time to post it. :)

However, I believe the steps we currently have listed in the quest guide are satisfactory and don't necessarily need to be revised at this time. Thank you again for your time and effort, but I will not be making any changes to the quest guide.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png