Suggestion: Hunter Calc. Adjustments

While training up for hunting, I noticed that for penguins can be caught by dead fall, net trap, and box trap. In addition, while trying to figure out what I need to go hunting to get some quick levels, I found that sometimes the calculator gives a false sense of "quick" leveling. Some of the methods are, unfortunately, painfully slow or inconvenient compared to others, and it would help to know while calculating what method is being used to catch those things. Unless we're hardcore hunting, I don't think all of us can feasibly remember which traps are for what monsters.

My suggestion would be to have some way of indicating how the monsters are caught (noose wand, net trap, dead fall, etc.).

Some ideas floating around:

1. Have abbreviations besides or in front of the monster. The problem with this, however, is that it'll make the entry a wee bit long and possibly distracting.

2. Separating the calculator further into different categories. Problem with this is that there are some categories that only have a few monsters and not many. Plus would certain categories even be used later on?

3. Having pictures besides the entries. Just a matter of figuring out how the pictures will work for some things (dead fall versus pit fall).

Some more ideas or ways to improve the ideas listed above would be awesome! Hopefully I'm not the only one that feels this way.:pray:

My initial idea (not committed to it, just a possiblity to throw out there) would be to put an abbreviation in front of the prey name (to try to keep it tidy). We'd need a key at the bottom of the page to explain them. Here's a proposed list:

- Tracking - [WAND]

- Bird Hunting [bIRD]

- Butterfly Catching [bNET]

- Deadfall Traps [DEADF]

- Box Traps [bOX]

- Flushing [WEASEL]

- Net Traps [FNET]

- Pitfalls [PIT]

- Falconry [FALCON]

- Imp Boxes [iMP]

Again this is only one possibility, others ideas are more than welcome. Or perhaps you may think we shouldn't do this at all. I myself chose to train up to red chins based on the highest level I could do, except for razorbacks which took too long.

Please post opinions!!

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Great suggestion! With so many option available, it does make it easier to have the option to view them by "method." The change has been made to the calculator and the planner. Thanks again! :thumbup:

- Speedyshel

Website Updates and Corrections

c15800d76c.png

*..It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not..*