F2p runecrafting

Yiga24

Is it faster (in exp/h) to runecraft earths with varrock teleport and FOG gloves, or is it faster to runecraft airs with varrock teleport and FOG gloves?

Also what are the average rates for the two? Atm I am crafting earth and getting about 15.5k/h with gloves.

yes earth is more exp the air even with the glove so just keep doing earths and you will make more money off earths is the long rune then airs if you are buying the ess

I am Pure I am True I am all Over You...

I am Fear in the Night I am Bringer of Light

Duality64

Level 134

We are the Nightmare, the Chosen Silence

We are the Night

Earths are going to be the fastest method for you, both altars are about the same distance. I'm not sure about rates, but don't expect to start making profit from Airs until level 33 and Earths at 52. If you were interested in recouping the costs, then airs would be the way to go.

Multiple Airs (15 gp ea):

2X = Level 11

3X = Level 22

4X = Level 33

5X = Level 44

Multiple Earths (33gp ea):

2X = Level 26

3X = Level 52

aiel.png

Actually, I have tested, and you finish an air trip much faster than an earth trip (with teles of course).

Airs: Average about 40 secs per trip, and 1 min 14 secs if you include the time it takes to restore run with musicians.

Earths: Average about 1 min 2 secs per trip, and 1 min 32 sec including the musician time.

It actually isn't that much faster, since the place where you teleport at (Varrock center) is way closer to Varrock West than it is to Varrock east.

In fact, the distance between Varrock center to Varrock east bank is about the same distance as Varrock east to earth altar.

Therefore, airs using teleports are faster.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Actually, I have tested, and you finish an air trip much faster than an earth trip (with teles of course).

Airs: Average about 40 secs per trip, and 1 min 14 secs if you include the time it takes to restore run with musicians.

Earths: Average about 1 min 2 secs per trip, and 1 min 32 sec including the musician time.

It actually isn't that much faster, since the place where you teleport at (Varrock center) is way closer to Varrock West than it is to Varrock east.

In fact, the distance between Varrock center to Varrock east bank is about the same distance as Varrock east to earth altar.

Therefore, airs using teleports are faster.

Okay, so I did some calculations and this is what I came up with :

Here is my starting data:

A trip to earth altar takes 92 seconds.

A trip to air altar takes 74 second.

All the costs are based on mid ge prices and buying your ess.

I will assume that if I was to craft airs I would craft 27 ess per trip as I would only have to carry law runes with fire staff equiped.

I can get about 135 FoG tokens/h.

I use mith or addy arrows in FoG, but I will neglect this cost as it is very small.

From my current level (65) to level 75 I need 731472 exp.

To get these exps I will need to craft 73148 air runes with gloves or 56268 earth runes with gloves.

I will use 7.2 as average multiplyer for air runes and 3.75 for earths.

Air runes:

73148 airs => 73.148 air gloves => 5486 FoG tokens = 40.6 hours for gathering tokens for gloves

73148/27 = 2709 trips to altar => 2709 * 74 s = 55.7 hours

Total time with airs = 96.3 hours

73148*7.2*15gp = 7,899,984 gp gotten from selling air runes

73148* 64gp = 4,681,472 gp paid for rune ess

27097*328gp = 888,552 gp paid for teleports

Pure profite = 2,329,960 gp

Earth runes:

56268 earths => 56.268 earth gloves => 4220 FoG tokens = 31.3 hours for gathering tokens for gloves

56268/26 = 2164 trips to altar => 2164 * 92 s = 55.3 hours

Total time with earths = 86.6 hours

56268*3.75*33gp = 6,963,165 go gotten from selling earth runes

56268*64gp = 3,601,152 gp paid for rune ess

2164*288gp = 623,232 go paid for teleports

Pure profit = 2,738,781 gp

So there you have it.

Earths seem to be better in both time and money, but that might change at different levels. Also I have quite high combat level so someone else might get less tookens per hour.

I would appriciate it, if someone would check my calculations.

Yiga, your numbers are based off the fact that if you rest at the musician at EVERY trip. These numbers are, simply put, WRONG.

For air + teles, you only have to rest once every 3 trips.

Earths + teles, you have to rest once every 2 trips.

Recalculate those numbers using these.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Yiga, your numbers are based off the fact that if you rest at the musician at EVERY trip. These numbers are, simply put, WRONG.

For air + teles, you only have to rest once every 3 trips.

Earths + teles, you have to rest once every 2 trips.

Recalculate those numbers using these.

Actualy you use about 60% of run energy per trip to earth altar, so I just rest at musician to get me back to 100% and I get to him once again when I have about 40%.

But seing you figures are probably for resting from 0-100%, I will time myself and recalculate. I would apriciate it, if you would do the same for airs.

Edit:

I timed myself doing 5 trips to the earth altar and I got 5 minutes and 58 seconds.

That gives an average time of 71.6 seconds.

I was paying full attention, so someone multitasking would get lower rates.

Here're the recalculated values:

Earth runes:

56268 earths => 56.268 earth gloves => 4220 FoG tokens = 31.3 hours for gathering tokens for gloves

56268/26 = 2164 trips to altar => 2164 * 71.6 s = 43.0 hours

Total time with earths = 74.3 hours

Money values stay the same.

Edit 2:

Also timed myself for airs, I was able to do 5 air trips in 4 minutes and 30 seconds.

That's an average of 54 seconds per trip.

Again, here are the recalculated values:

Air runes:

73148 airs => 73.148 air gloves => 5486 FoG tokens = 40.6 hours for gathering tokens for gloves

73148/27 = 2709 trips to altar => 2709 * 54s = 40.6 hours

Total time with airs = 81.2 hours

Again, money values are the same.

So while the airs are better then my in 1st calculation, they are still a bit worse then earths.

Also, if someone was to do airs, they would be better off not playing FoG at all, as the times for rcing and FoGing are identical, it would just halve your profits.

Also, crafting earths without FoG gloves would take 86.0 hours and you would gain 6,724,026 gp from selling the runes and paying for the ess.

The teleportation cost would be doubled so the final profit would be 5,477,562., which is double that with FoG gloves, so basicaly you are paying 2,738,781 gp to save 12.7 hours. This gives you a value of time of about 215k/h. So, if you make 215k/h or more, you should use earth gloves. Personaly I use them since I value my time over 500k/h (runite mining and merchanting).

Again, I must emphesize, that this is based on my levels, so it might not hold true for someone else.

Edited by Yiga24

I prefer airs too :)

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)