Music Video - Psycho Theme

WolfieMario

Just checking, this is the right place to post videos you've made, right? If not, can a mod please move this to the correct location?

Anyways, it's a music video I did for my filmmaking class. It had to be a song with no words, and I chose the main theme of Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUQ23mxX4GU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUQ23mxX4GU

Comments/Criticism?

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

Help from someone else? I am not sure if this is where your own videos go? This would be the first one.... hmm....

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.

I would keep it open as it isn't necessarily a trivial youtube video, more a piece of art and you would criticism on it. Other people have posted arty videos they've made here as well, so i'll leave this open.

Thank you :D

I've made other irl videos that I haven't uploaded yet, but should I only post the artistic ones here? Because I've also made comedic ones, so I'm not sure if those would be okay... :mellow:

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

Yeah, I thought the endless corridors added a nice touch of hopelessness. Personally, I tried to make it so that the corridors can represent both the victim trying to escape, and the convoluted mind of the killer. I was half-inspired to do that from a TV show I saw some time ago, in which a character was spiraling towards insanity, and his dreams always involved him running down an endless hallway that fell apart around him. I chose my own take on that after I noticed that the corridor in the apartment I recently moved to seems the same regardless of where you are in it (although irl it's a 3-way junction and one of the sides has no door. I flipped some video clips in order to make it seem as though you're surrounded by doors from all angles). In the video, I decided to up the contrast and use a gradient map to give it a harsh bluish-white appearance, and masked out the darkness behind the doors practically frame-by-frame to make it seem pitch-black behind all doors (although I saw that I kinda messed up the masking in one clip :-? ). I hope my teacher likes this project, as a snow day prevented us from presenting it in class just yet :P

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png