Ghost ahoy, items: "any kind of gloves"

When doing the quest Ghost ahoy! The required items was wrong, it said "any kind of gloves" but lunar are gloves do not work!

Items: About 200gp, a weapon, 7 bones, 7 pots, 8 buckets, bucket of milk, spade, silk, needle, thread, knife, a bowl of water, a ghostspeak amulet, any kind of gloves, an oak longbow, some dyes are required (varies, see note below); 35 ecto-tokens (obtained during quest, you will need fewer if you use a ring of charos(a))

An Old Friend

9. Velorina will tell you about an old friend of hers who was once a disciple of Necrovarus but walked away. This was before they all died. You will have to go and find her. You can take all the stuff needed for this part from the bank now, or later at Canifis, which is a little further, but lighter if you intend to run.

10. On your way back to Canifis, pause South East of the Slayer Master and pick some nettles while wearing your gloves. If you fail to wear gloves you will get poisoned

Please update this guide!

Yea, that really should be added in, I noticed that too. Also to OP, generally in Quest Guides, any kind of gloves rules out Lunar Gloves, for some reason they don't work properly for doing things like picking nettles.

Mhm, we've addressed this issue in the "Tips and Tricks" section:

Some gloves may not work against the nettle poison. The best type of gloves are standard leather gloves, cheap and reliable.

The quest guide was written several years ago, so it's understandable that there were far fewer gloves at the time. At any rate, it appears that the majority of gloves today will still suffice for this quest, although there are a few exceptions (which is why the note was added).

Thank you for your time and submission. I believe the note covers the problem adequately, but certainly feel free to pm me if you disagree. :)

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png