Gordon Brown Resigns As PM

Rainy_Day

Guys, don't be silly! It's not pro-rich, it's just rewarding the hard work that these people did to get to where they are. What right do you have to their money? They earned it, they should keep it. I mean, it's not like families of years past have just continued to hand down their money from generation to generation, mixed with the fact that it's damned near impossible to join the wealth club, effectively creating a feudal system...

They should pull themselves up by their own bootstraps. Poor people are just lazy, trying to suckle on the government teet and leach off of the rich.

Sarcasm or not you talk a lot of sense. There are a great number of people in this country who think that the world owes them a living. Why should people who work hard and save their money be penalised in old age, whilst those scroungers and layabouts get looked after by the state.

I agree. Feudalism is one of the best political systems that has been created. It's effective at getting the peasants to work the land in order to sustain the upper-classes, which is great for society in that it prevents the nobility from having to do much work, which is their God-given right.

Likewise, the feudal system is symbolic of the hierarchy of nature. God selected some individuals to be at the top of society while some other less fortunate (and I must add, the Majority) suffer through toil and sweat for the rest of their lives. Kings are given a divine right to rule their kingdoms and maintain the order of the universe; they should be allowed to be absolutist, just as God is supreme over all Creation.

I also agree with the part about peasants being lazy. If they're really so poor, they can always sell their children to the aristocracy in order for the latter to eat them during their feasts. It's mutually beneficial to society because it lowers the peasant population, earns an income for mothers, prevents children from having to face the harsh reality of peasantry, and gives upper-class gentry a good meal.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I had high hopes for Gordon Brown when he came into power. He wasn't slick but he was going to clean up politics, scrap ID cards, care more about social justice, etc.etc. The high hopes were dashed when ID cards continued, 10p tax rate went, expenses scandals - and he instead spent his time trying to perfect that ridiculous smile.

His heart was generally in the right place as chancellor, and I think that this is demonstrated by the fact that he has chosen to stay on as an MP rather than jet around the world giving paid speeches like Blair. However, he was just not an effective Prime Minister.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.