How long have I been playing?

ZorathZ

Hey.

I'm trying to pinpoint the estimated time I started playing Runescape, but I found it to be a very hard thing to do. Could you guys help me out?

I remember a few things:

Runescape didn't see any updates for an age. I don't think any new content was added for several months after I started. Not regarding bugfixes and such I think the first proper update was members.

There was just 4 worlds to play.

Members didn't exist.

You could trade quest items.

Tip.it had a poll up which asked either if people had done or liked "The new quest called Dragon Slayer". Unfortunatly the tip.it poll archive doesn't go back that far.

The graphics sucked and almost all the skills involved clicking the mousebutton nonstop until your inventory was either full or empty. :P

That would be called Runescape Classic, Or as we old users of that era call it: "The Good 'ol Days"

Aye, I know that much. :P

I'm trying to pinpoint the year and month, or at least year and season.

Well, the best I can find on the Wayback Machine for Tip.it's poll is this :- Tip.it March 26, 2002.

The current poll on that page seems to be the Dragon Slayer one you're talking about, not the same wording but that idea.

So, I'd estimate it was close to that time, early-2002? :)

If you want to have a look, the Wayback-Machine's links for Tip.it are here :- Wayback Machine

Thank you very much! I never thought of going to look in a webarchive! That was probably the poll I was talking about, it was hard remembering the exact words.

March 2002 sound plausible to me, perhaps it was a bit later, or earlier but no I at least know the approximate time. :)