Computer freeze on Chatroulette and Omegle

Dark_Sandman

I got a brand new laptop windows 7, i updated my flash, but whenever i go on chatroulette or omegle,right after i click on allow to use mic and cam the whole computer just totally freezes up, cant use the mouse or task manager, nothing. then i have hold the power button to force shutdown.

my old computer on the other hand works fine, the site makes the web browser crash every now and then but it works, so im just wondering and curious why, please help.

thank you ^__^

Maybe you should stop showing yourself off on webcam then?

In all seriousness, did you try using the webcam with anything else? Like skype, windows live messenger? Did you also try different browsers?

j0xPu5R.png

I got a brand new laptop windows 7, i updated my flash, but whenever i go on chatroulette or omegle,right after i click on allow to use mic and cam the whole computer just totally freezes up, cant use the mouse or task manager, nothing. then i have hold the power button to force shutdown.

my old computer on the other hand works fine, the site makes the web browser crash every now and then but it works, so im just wondering and curious why, please help.

thank you ^__^

What browser are you using?

I had a similar problem on tinychat while using chrome. I think that Chrome doesn't have full flash support so it can get a little buggy on webcams.

If you aren't using chrome, then just switch to opera, see if it works, if that doesn't work use IE if you really have to.

wingwinder.png

indifference.gif

• 7 months later...

This might be because of your browser, but in case you can't solve the problem by changing it, you may try to install a different version of Flash. Some chatroulettes do not seem to like the latest version...try installing the previous one, this could fix the problem!

This might be because of your browser, but in case you can't solve the problem by changing it, you may try to install a different version of Flash. Some chatroulettes do not seem to like the latest version...try installing the previous one, this could fix the problem!

Please don't bump threads which are so old.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome