Hey Techs - Moving ♫ -> New PC

Skill_Caster

Hey guys, I have an iTunes library of about 400 songs. I bought a new computer and I'm hooking it up tomorrow, and I'd like to move said music library to that computer from my old one.

However, this computer has been acting up so terribly with crashes, glitches, bugs, that I don't want to take the chances of infecting my new PC with anything whatsoever.

How can I safely transfer my music without fear of spreading anything? It'd really suck to have a brand new PC and it be trashed immediately, especially considering it's an expensive PC =P

I was thinking I could burn a bunch of MP3 CDs for extra precaution, because MP3's can't carry anything, correct? Therefore, I'm thinking the CD wouldn't be able to carry anything malicious.

Yeah... I don't really know what to do. I'm hoping someone here can help.

Thanks in advance for your help and support,

- Skill

tipitsig.png

You could do it through CD's, just make sure not to copyright them, I believe if you do that you can't get the songs off of there.

You could also put them on your SD card if you have one to move faster.

I had a virus filled computer and moved over 26,000 songs to my new computer through a 2GB SD card. It took a long time, but it all got over and I did a scan afterwards and was virus free. :)

You could also put them into ZIP or WinRar files and then open them once they're on your new computer. :)

Don't you have virus protection software that allows you to highlight the songs and do a virus scan on all of them? If they are clean then just transfer them on an external hard-drive or a jump drive.

Low_C.png

Put them on a USB/external hard drive.

This, then before you transfer over, make sure you have a good anti virus in your new PC and scan the entire Ext' HDD or USB stick. (I recomend a good paid version or MSE/Avast. If you get AVG I'll shoot you)

Popoto.~<3