Help with hyperlinks (i think)

hmmsk

Well, my problem is that the hyperlinked websites on this topic http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=373132 don't work for me for some reason. I tryed on both Explorer and Mozilla (i use both, they both have good sides and bad, no more on this) and on neither it works. On explorer i clicked on files and properties to check out the layout (i guess thats what it is) of the webpage, and there the links are employed... On mozilla on the other hand i went on page properties and under links i found the linked websites too, so why in the world won't the pictures show up? The only way i can view them is copy the link and paste it into the adress bar :? .

Help anyone?

18/22 skills at or better than 60.

1300+ skill total.

Barrows:Torag's Helm x2, Guthan's Helm, Guthan's Warspear, Dharok's Greataxe, died to dharok, Guthan's Platebody, Ahrim's Hood. All in a total of 104 runs.

Do you mean you can see the little image thumbnails but when you click them nothing happens, or do you mean that you can't actually see the image thumbnails at all?

Does the issue occur anywhere else?

When you say Mozilla do yuo mean the Mozilla Suite or do you mean Mozilla Firefox?

Do you have the most up to date version of Internet Explorer (go to http://www.windowsupdate.com to find out) and the most up to date version of the Mozilla Suite (1.7.12) or the most up to date version of Firefox (1.5)?

Yeah i mean i can't see the thumbnails at all, and sorry that i didn't clear it up but i meant Firefox. And i'm quite sure i have up-to-date versions of both Firefox and Explorer but i'll check both just to make meself a 100% sure.

And i just tryed to view the topic with RX3 (runescape client/web browser from runehq.com), and the pictures work. But i really would like to fix the problem with the other "real" browsers. Oh, and by the way, might the problem that the pictures work on neither Firefox or Explorer be in the fact that when i installed Firefox, that i made it have the same settings as Explorer. And another thing i noticed now with RX3 is that the smilies called Laughing and Rolling eyes are moving, but on IE and Firefox they don't, hmm wonder whats wrong.

1300+ skill total.

Barrows:Torag's Helm x2, Guthan's Helm, Guthan's Warspear, Dharok's Greataxe, died to dharok, Guthan's Platebody, Ahrim's Hood. All in a total of 104 runs.

Bring

My

Up

1300+ skill total.

First off, when i bumped this post it was about three-fourths way down, thats when i bumped it, and also if you look at the time the two consecutive posts were made you will notice that they are 24 hours apart... :roll:

Second, yes, i do use zonealarm firewall, so i guess that must be it, since i checked this:

In Firefox, go Tools -> Options -> Content. Make sure "load images" is checked and "from the originating website only" is not checked.

and that's what my settings are. Hmm, so what do you reckon i should change with zonealarm? I'll fumble around with it and if i get it figured out i'll let you know, until then i'll be waiting for advice :P .

And thanks for your feedback, really :wink: .

1300+ skill total.

if you look at the time the two consecutive posts were made you will notice that they are 24 hours apart... :roll:
My bad :oops:

In zonealarm I think there's some options under adblocking about images which aren't from the originating website, and I know that there's also some regarding animated gif images.

In IE, you might try tools -> options -> advanced tab -> multimedia and make sure "show pictures" is checked.

With regards to Firefox, what happens if you create a new Firefox profile? Close all firefox windows, then go start -> run and type "firefox[Caution: ExecutableFile] -p" (no quotes) click "new" or something (can't quite remember) and then go from there. Don't import settings from IE.

Do you see no images at all or just some images?

Do you have an ad blocker?

First off, when i bumped this post it was about three-fourths way down, thats when i bumped it, and also if you look at the time the two consecutive posts were made you will notice that they are 24 hours apart... :roll:

Please if you have to bump a thread, at least wait till it's on the 2nd page.

We don't want to get into the habit of bumping all the time.

sig2ho7.jpg

Thank's a lot Cameron :P , i adjusted my pop-up settings in ZoneAlarm and now it works on both IE and Firefox (i had it set to blocking everything [including popups and animations] :oops: , but now i have it customized :wink: ).

And i'll remember that from now on for sure Phil.

1300+ skill total.