Error 1606

PuRe_MoNk_89

Ok this is really starting to make me mad. I reformated my computer earlier, and I went to download Runescape, and when I got to the part hwere you have to install the java, about half way through it I get an error which says :

Error 1606. Could not access network location. Then it gave a link type thing. Anyone know what I could do to fix it? I sent a query into Jagex over 4 hours ago, and not a response yet. Help plx.

I have tried so many things. Messed with the registry, uninstalled the java that was installed on comp when reformated, different websites for java, different types of java, and Im not having any luck.

hhhsig.jpg

maxed out melee back in 06, when it was still considered an accomplishment. same with getting 85 slayer, was in the top 2k players to get it.

R.I.P Runescape.. Feb 2, 02 - Jan 2, 08

So you installed sun java then? Or you got the error whilst installing it?

Can you do other things in java, not RS based? Like play a java game?

What OS?

What browser are you using for RS?

Java version?

Since you reformated have you

-updated windows

-installed drivers

Are you trying to use sun java and MS java vm at the same time and they are conflicting? Check your internet settings.

And last but not least, what the heck did you do in your registry? I Sure hope nothing too drastic...

EDIT: Oh, and are you logged on as an admin?

Hey m8 sorry for the late reply was sleeping. I guess it was just something wrong with the website, because many people had same problem as me, but its fixed now :) I guess I did all that stuff for nothing lol :( Ty though =)

hhhsig.jpg

maxed out melee back in 06, when it was still considered an accomplishment. same with getting 85 slayer, was in the top 2k players to get it.

R.I.P Runescape.. Feb 2, 02 - Jan 2, 08