K'ril Tsutsaroth

In Monster Hunting Guide you refer K'ril Tsutsaroth as a lesser demon, but in Bestiary he is referred as a greater. I went to him with lesser task and full slayer helm and got slayer xp from him and his minions. So could you change the bestiary to lesser demon, please?

teemupets.png

Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladdin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pacman ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! If you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

im0arp.jpg

Hiya Teemupets, thank you for your submission!

According to Twitter, Jagex took note of K'ril Tsutsaroth and companions being incorrectly classified as lesser, but still pretty big, demons. They responded, saying that they'd change them to greater demons in a future update (see here). Furthermore, the wiki page on him claims that he's since been quietly updated to be classed as a greater demon.

So, while we're obviously wrong, claiming two different things, I'll have to ask if you were 100% sure if you were on a lesser task. If so, I guess we'll have to poke somebody with a greater task to go in and see if he counts as a greater demon as well. Maybe he's both at once :unsure:

Fine, as soon as I'll get either greater or lesser task I shall go and wipe the floors with K'ril Tsutsaroth. Then we'll see about that...

teemupets.png

Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladdin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pacman ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! If you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

im0arp.jpg

Here's a copy from RuneWiki (english version) that should solve the situation:

"K'ril Tsutsaroth is classified as a Greater demon; thus, killing him counts towards any Greater Demon Slayer Task, and also allows a player to take advantage of the abilities of a Black mask or Slayer helmet, if they have a Greater Demon Slayer Task. Players will earn 350.5 Slayer experience if they slay K'ril Tsutsaroth on their Greater demon slayer task. Before December 31, K'ril Tsutsaroth was classified as a lesser demon."

So, he was a lesser and is now a greater. I'm still not sure wheter his bodyguards are lesser or not, but I trust RuneWiki at this point and claim K'ril Tsutsaroth is a greater. Maybe I got xp from his bodyguard then.

teemupets.png

im0arp.jpg

• 6 months later...

I've asked around a little, apparently the following is the case right now:

- K'ril is a greater demon.

- Tstanon Karlak is also a greater demon.

- Zakl'n Gritch is a lesser demon.

- Balfrug Kreeyath counts as a black demon.

I'll go patch things up. You may have gotten slayer XP from Zakl'n. Thanks for bringing this to our attention :)