-.-" this suks

Da_Hybrid1

i downloaded a virus...i know stupid...i thought it was sumthing else i needed...

it uses java to open limewire...u close 1 limewire another one pop up...doesnt sound annoying right? it is...

i had it b4 and i figured out if u could task manager its asse it would go away. the thing is now is that its a new version and it disabled task manager...

ive reinstalled java twice, installed limewire again...a older version...

tried a system restore...i need help there too...i cant restore it beyond this year...

anyone know how to open task manager besides the normal ways...control + alt +delete, or right click on start bar...tried both nothing...

oh and now in Rs when i move my mouse fast it lags like poop...oh also lags when i try to read something...like peoples name or names of items and guff....

i need some help... :twisted:

your system is screwed up severly...i've had this type of virus before and...they are a pain...']

1] getting a task manager of any type, wont help all that much, yes maybe you can close the program that's running [ie limewire] but, you arent really solving the problem, you are just, sorta, limiting it...

Really, you have 3 options.

1] Install some form of a virus scanner [if you still can] [not free virus scanners...] and try and get the virus out that way.

2] seek professional help, take t e computer to a repairman to try and remove the virus.

3] This is what i ended up doing...complete systems format...as in install A fresh new version of windows. [don't do this unless you know what you are doing]

and last, but not keast, when you do resokve this problem, BE SMART dont download useless stuff, limewire especially...they come with all sorts of nasty things....

Resigned From Runescape - Alpha_120 --> Level 69

-ArenaScape-

Join Clan UCORB ~ Rank #5 Clan

Clan members, need something? PM ME!!!

i downloaded a virus...i know stupid...i thought it was sumthing else i needed...

it uses java to open limewire...u close 1 limewire another one pop up...doesnt sound annoying right? it is...

i had it b4 and i figured out if u could task manager its asse it would go away. the thing is now is that its a new version and it disabled task manager...

ive reinstalled java twice, installed limewire again...a older version...

tried a system restore...i need help there too...i cant restore it beyond this year...

anyone know how to open task manager besides the normal ways...control + alt +delete, or right click on start bar...tried both nothing...

oh and now in Rs when i move my mouse fast it lags like poop...oh also lags when i try to read something...like peoples name or names of items and guff....

i need some help... :twisted:

I ASSUME YOU USE WINDOWS? big big big mistake, this would of never happened if you used linux... *cries* another person that suffers from bill gates

ahhh ok...

i have another comp i can put my stuff on so i guess ill do that...

well anyways thx...kinda sucks that i can only play rs like a old lady... :oops:

im almost lvled so i guess ill finish the lvl and then reinstall windows...

Dont resort to formating yet. Did you try to get rid of it with a virus scanner? If you dont have one, i suggest you get AVG Free Edition. Install that and do a scan in safe mode.

To get to safe mode, hit F8 rapidly on start up and when you should get a list with a bunch of start up options, pick safe mode and run the virus scan from there. If your wondering what safe mode it, its windows but is using the bare essentials to run, so hopefully the virus wont start up, but i cant guarentee this.

Also, are you using limewire free? If you are, get rid of it, its rubbish. <mod edit - software piracy references here are NOT allowed! ~Albosky>

So dont resort to a wipe of your hard drive yet, there is still help out there :)

Off topic: 100 posts. About time, its only taken me about a year or something :P

1264cc30.gif

I ASSUME YOU USE WINDOWS? big big big mistake, this would of never happened if you used linux... *cries* another person that suffers from bill gates

If you have nothing helpful to say then just don't post. It may be true but it doesn't help in the slightest.

Da_Hybrid1: You never even answered my question...

I suggest doing what Stuart has suggested.

reformatting is a last resort.

sig2ho7.jpg