Tip.It Times - 5th June 2011

Racheya

To say that Jagex needs to make the "triangle" more equal is absurd. It may continue to require tweaking in terms of armour/weapons, but as far as the actual calculations are concerned, its fine. To paraphrase Kid Cudi: You fools think acute, while the triangle is obtuse.

When you look how they were able to balance the combat triangle for Dungeoneering, the shortcomings of range/mage vs melee in the rest of RS become plain to see.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Well, one can tell by looking at my Dungeoneering level that I dont spend to much time there so I would not know what they have done there. However, I will stand by what I have said, and add even more. There may be a bias towards melee for a reason, or just miscalculated equalities on Jagex's part. Either way, I think the "triangle" is fine besides needing more versatile armour for mage and range, especially for lower levels.

Why shouldnt it be biased? Most of what players fight in RS are monsters who are melee fighters and I contend the players were meant to be up close and personal the majority of the time as well.

The "triangle" which everyone so clings to as this idea of some sort of equality in RS really only applies a minority of people who A) Player Kill based on one skill (pures) and B) choose one skill to fight all monsters in the game when the levels are clearly meant to be leveled by the player so they can adapt to their situation and take on any enemy with multiple styles of combat. That is what humans have been doing for thousands of years and can be seen by "hybrids", the Slayer skill, and yes your precious Dungeoneering too because some bosses are more susceptable to attacks from different types of combat. Is that why it should be an equal triangle? Nope. Its why it should be biased, and it is.

Also, the calculations on levels have a pattern PER SKILL. This pattern should not change based on an indirect leveling of combat through skills. That argument would only tell me that if we wanted to keep it "equal" a person should only have to achieve the experience needed for two combined levels (Atk and Str) in things like Range and Mage, to get levels in that skill. That makes no sense at all. You should not be lvl 70 Range with 500k exp just because thats all it takes to have the same effect by combining Atk and Str. On top of that, costs are costs, pay them or dont level the skill. I doubt you said "I dont want to pay 100mil to get my prayer up, so Im not going to do it."

The combat skills all affect combat level, but one must remember that they are all in their own right a separate skill, and are therefore subject thier own differences.

wessan.png