Audio Problem on my Laptop

Zaaps1

So I recently reinstalled Windows XP on my laptop. It's rather old but still kicking, and everything is going fine now, except for one thing. There's absolutely no audio to speak of, which I think is strange for a laptop.

It is a Windows XP operating system (Service pack 3), not sure what other information to give about it, but I will if asked for it.

Under Device Manager, all the sound drivers are there and are "apparently" working fine, according the the Device Manager.

In services.msc, Windows Audio is started and working smoothly.

However there's no little speaking icon in the bottom-right, and when you go to Audio in the Control Panel, it says there's no devices installed.

All of which I think is rather strange given that I just reinstalled Windows XP on a Laptop.

If it's important, before I reinstalled XP, I also had this problem from time to time. However, it was slightly different. There WAS a speaker icon, there was just no sound. I solved it by realized that Windows Audio in services.msc decided to suicide and end, so I just restarted it and everything worked fine again. Maybe this is important, but idk, might as well just confess.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Go to the webpage of the model on the laptop manufacturers website and download all of the drivers there & install them. That could be the issue.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche