Runescape tools By G E 3 K

Hey guys! some of you may or may not know me and hey to all those who dont :D

I've been playing runescape for about 6 years and programming about 5.

Ever since i started playing runescape i've always thought about making programs to help me, not bots but things such as a ge look up etc(more explained below)

I've made several smaller programs for runescape but my source codes have been lost/deleted over time.

I use to program for websites and have had an accumulative download base of over 30,000 downloads.

I like the idea of swiftkit, its a very popular program and has alot of neccessary tools that help players in many ways.

However, there are drawbacks. For instance its an in-form browser utility. i dislike this because you can't access the features of it when using full screen etc, which to me defeats the purpose of using it.

One thing i did and didn't like about swiftkit was the IRC.

IRC servers proove a threat to system security, however i do liek the many functions the IRC server provides, such as !Commands, eg: !GE amulet of fury, would display the fury prices and 30, 90 and 120 day changes.

What i would like to achieve over time is a small, in-game accessible button in which you can open/hide the tools for quick accessibility and ease of use.

Features:

Screen sizing support: fixed, resizable and full screen, With access to the software utilities.

Hiscores

Adventure log notifier ( also would like to add some sort of adventure log logger, logs all noticable drops on alog and adds there current ge value )

XP/Rank gain tracker (such as runetracker)

Grand exchange

Calculators

Quest guides and/or links to these. Information displayed via the utility would be better rather than having to open a browser.

Treasure trails, all guides + locator

One-Line commands eg. !ge item(grandexchange), !hs NAME(hiscores), !Adv NAME(adventure log) etc.

One thing i would like to know is where should i display the information? User chatbox or interface/

PLEASE DONT TAKE NOTICE TO THE INTERFACE, THIS IS STILL UNDERGOING DEVELOPMENT, NON GRAPHICAL.

This is only the first stages of it:

note i am using the old logout icon: toolicon.png to open/display and close the utility. ( due to change upon graphical rework )

Out of browser in an unfixed state:

rstoolsoutofbrowser.png

In Browser(fixed) :

fixedutilityopen.png

The above applies for resizable and full screen at the moment however it isn't full coded yet.

As you can see this needs major graphical rework which will be done, but only once the hard coding has been done first.

This was just a first preview of my ongoing development of my project.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions and faqs appreciated.

g_e_3_k.png

first of all yes i know the functions are not actually irc but its the bots connected, however the way it is designed you have to use irc to access the bots and information they hold/retrieve.

IRC servers are a system threat, many people have complained about being DDos'd through irc and even some hacked.

IRC servers are easy to grab anyones ip address from, and once you have that it isn't too difficult to portscan.

As for the firefox addon that is great however, its limited to non-full screen only and wouldnt be able to show direct information as it has no form of showing the displayed data, therefore everything you open or lookup would have to open a new tab/form.

To draw to the screen, not sure what exactly you mean by this, the form is automatically drawn by VB.Net's GUI Generator, and for full screen showing it is a simple api access function. i dont believe it is at a development stage for it to be open source as of yet.

g_e_3_k.png