GE buy limits

What980

Being gone for awhile, my last knowledge about the buy limits is the "every 4 hours you can buy x amount of items, and no more until the 4 hour cycle is up"

Is this still the same? I recently tried to buy an item I was told the limit is 10k, but I bought 10k in one ge box, then 3k in another. Does each box count as a different buy limit? Some enlightenment would be greatly appreciated!

The item was bowstrings, btw.

What980.png

voicefb2.png

It's pretty much the same. Some 'supplies' vary.

For example: weapons and armour are 100 per 4 hours (lame for battlestaves)

Planks are 10k per four hours

bowstring is supposed to be 10k per 4 hrs, and itis per 4 hrs not per box, so you probably experienced a glitch, or jagex increased the buy limit.

the limit is still in place for the staves and planks I can confirm :P

You can sell as many as you like with no limit, but the buy limit still applies to the 'time' not how many you have. For example:

My friend is not on rs, and I see a player selling the Torva plate he wants. He has the gp, but can't buy the plate atm because he is gone.

I have enough 'worth' in my oak planks to buy the plate for him and with a text from him to do it, I sold enough planks (all at once) and bought the plate.

He logs on an hour later and buys the plate from me in cash. Immediately I put in an offer to buy the planks back and I get 10k. The rest of the gp waits for each 4 hrs to tick by. Of course, not wanting to wait, I round up some friends and spam the ge and got most of my planks back right away. :P

Ok that makes sense. What if I bought the max limit of an item and then sold them before the 4 hours is up, will I be able to buy more since I don't have them anymore, or an I forced to wait the 4 hours again?

If you resell, you can buy at the same rate as you sell. I.E. You put in an offer for 100k planks. 10k auto buy, so you flip them. After a couple seconds 4k sell, so 4k buy as well.

Hope that makes sense...

lxl_bluesky.png

Ok that makes sense. What if I bought the max limit of an item and then sold them before the 4 hours is up, will I be able to buy more since I don't have them anymore, or an I forced to wait the 4 hours again?

If you resell, you can buy at the same rate as you sell. I.E. You put in an offer for 100k planks. 10k auto buy, so you flip them. After a couple seconds 4k sell, so 4k buy as well.

Hope that makes sense...

That explains a lot, thanks!

What980.png

voicefb2.png