Error_game_js5connect - Unable to connect to update server

Robert_R

So basically when I try to load runescape it tells me that. And then it tells me this:

To resolve this:

• If you have firewall or security software installed, they can often block RuneScape from accessing its servers. Please ensure that RuneScape/Java can connect to its servers on port 43594.
  • Note: Windows XP Service Pack 2 has built in firewall software. If, when loading RuneScape, this asks if you want to allow the connection, you need to say 'yes'.
  • If that doesn't help, then an external firewall may be causing the problem. Please ask your network adminstrator/ISP to open port 43594 for TCP traffic so that RuneScape and Java can run correctly.

The problem is I'm on ubuntu 11.04 when I get this message so the first two don't really apply to me at all. And there is no firewall on the internet blocking me from playing runescape because it works when I restart and use windows. Any idea what causes this problem? It has worked before so I'm not exactly sure what changed to make it not work.

And yes before you say it I know I said I can just switch to windows and play it but I'd rather not have to do that every time I want to play runescape. That already annoys me enough when I want to watch netflix.