Key logger from email

Sharkrfish

Hello.

Today I entered my email and found a fake runescape site. I am smart enough to recognize most of them, but I got suckered into this one. I clicked it, and then I realized that the address was wrong, when I entered my information in. So I changed my password on my laptop, and left it at that. I lost nothing, and they did not get into my account because I was very fast.

Soon after, I used malware bytes, avast internet security pro scanner, superantispyware, and hi jack this to look for any suspicious items. Nothing found anything and the log from hi jack this did not seem at all suspicious. Can you get a keylogger from email? I am fairly knowledgeable about computers, but do not know this one for sure. I did not open any attachments, or download anything, I only clicked the url.

Perhaps I am worrying for nothing. But I do not like the thought of rebuilding 300m. So do you think I am safe?

That's a phishing site, not a keylogger. There's massive differences. If your scans came up clean then there's nothing to worry about. Just don't click any links in your email in the future unless you're absolutely sure they can be trusted.

When it comes to Runescape-related business I'd recommend just using the message centre on the website.

j0xPu5R.png