Jagex email - Password Recovery

TheLad1

I don't know if I'm super jumpy & the below is an attempted hack or whether it is actually from Jagex. As far as I know, I've not asked for my account to be recovered (albeit the Password Recovery link is just below the log in button , I may have misclicked).

I've not clicked on any of the links.

It doesn't look right so to me - so I thought I'd better check with the experts.

Dear Player,

This is an automated email from Jagex Ltd., makers of RuneScape and FunOrb, sent because someone has submitted a Password Recovery request for this account.

To verify your email address, enter this URL into your browser: http://[LikelyScam]/m=weblogin/loginform.ws?code=AAAAAAAJyUODPvuoTPxSSg&ssl=0&id=761509104543

Alternatively, copy this security code into your Account Recovery form: ejZLJqV1riLk8JuhpimFIJdZbnDPMM

Your security code will expire at 30-October-2011 23:54 (official forum time).

If you did not submit this account recovery request, and you think that someone might be attempting to hijack your account, you can let us know by completing the form at http://www.runescape.com/loginapplet/loginapplet.ws?mod=accountappeal&dest=invalidate.ws

Many thanks,

Jagex Ltd.

You do not need to unsubscribe, as we have not added this email address to any mailing lists.

Copyright © 1999 - 2011 Jagex Ltd. Jagex, RuneScape, FunOrb, War of Legends and Stellar Dawn are registered trademarks of Jagex Ltd in the United Kingdom and trademarks used in other countries of the world. By using our service you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

X-Apparently-To: [email protected] via 217.146.188.120; Wed, 26 Oct 2011 01:45:53 +0000

Return-Path: <[email protected]>

X-YahooFilteredBulk: 199.168.136.15

Received-SPF: none (domain of v-2551.volumedrive.com does not designate permitted sender hosts)

X-YMailISG: oQlGr2QWLDsEB8dT5RXcShKJRVfY9Iq8W5X7TuUoNS1ywP.X wKvkWdv7GZMPGgn_hxFti6F9mt.5KL9oCAGYDHDgHXCEWtgCwct3MzcAIuZe U6uqA43ncsJqdC9HNYlo8Rsl9TVOFGCk_z37APIZcNoTBMnyS2yy_cmJuomQ mqL542dwFuhWdp9YlB5yiZxdIIt7M.VmU1kH7xQPsOsTGZXdhVjUtg7D_Q.r dBabxXi4kd3.ept_7_HVwL8bYh_hluwU1L_t30qAT5N9AIDuLByGtvsthsjg M9_n3H.Lpmt8uvZkduMZI1qAKsCVTUZwIMuCRnmVbmpBcK8eLvwMqKYabgCb _BOV9EZM

X-Originating-IP: [199.168.136.15]

Authentication-Results: mta1026.bt.mail.ukl.yahoo.com from=V-2551.volumedrive.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=jagex.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)

Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO V-2551.volumedrive.com) (199.168.136.15) by mta1026.bt.mail.ukl.yahoo.com with SMTP; Wed, 26 Oct 2011 01:45:53 +0000

Received: from apache by V-2551.volumedrive.com with local (Exim 4.63) (envelope-from <[email protected]>) id 1RIsZ0-0007I1-01 for [email protected]; Wed, 26 Oct 2011 05:45:54 +0400

To: [email protected]

Subject: Password Recovery request submitted for your Jagex account

"Jagex Ltd" <[email protected]>

Add sender to Contacts

Content-Type: text/html;charset=iso-8859-1

Message-Id: <[email protected]>

Sender: Apache <[email protected]>

Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 05:45:54 +0400

Content-Length: 1583

the_lad_1.png

One of the many scam mails going around atm.

I suggest making a separate e-mail account for your RS account (and not use it for anything else) with a name urelated to your RSN. That should do the trick, and make your account a lot safer. :)

Laila

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

One of the many scam mails going around atm.

I suggest making a separate e-mail account for your RS account (and not use it for anything else) with a name urelated to your RSN. That should do the trick, and make your account a lot safer. :)

Laila

Thanks for the advice, I'll set up a new e-mail address just for RS.

the_lad_1.png

You're more than welcome. :)

E-mail is the best way to recover accounts aswell (as I have painfully learnt when my e-mail account was stolen a few years ago), so it is a double security.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?