A guide/sticky I want to see on RS forums- feedback welcomed

Michaelwon4

Understanding of Jagex

I have realized that many players are complaining about Jagex in several ways, like not replying their queries and all that. But they seem to forget that Jagex are busy people who not only have to monitor the game, but also answer questions, look into report abuse, managing the forum and game updates and handling all sorts of administrative issues. Here, I hope to be able to help players in understanding what is going on and why Jagex take certain actions in certain issues.

First, the code of conduct for the Online Forums. The code of conduct is there for a reason, as it helps the users to understand how to use the forums and what is allowed and not allowed. The main problem with users nowadays is that they do not read the rules before using the forums. Jagex have been kind enough to have a specific guideline for every section of the forums, but it is still up to the users to read and follow it. However, I do understand that some of the users who just joined the forums may not know that much, and it is understandable that they may create spam or irrelevant threads. Nevertheless, some users are just lazy to read the guidelines and rules, and when their thread gets locked, they complain about the Forum moderatorsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ decision. We have to understand that Jagex have put in a lot of effort in managing the forums, and the rules they imposed are carefully thought for the convenience of all users of the forums. We may or may not agree to the rules, but we still should follow them as it not only affects you, but also other users who want to use the forums. Instead of being self-centered and only caring about our own interests and needs, we should also think of others. Thus, I hope that next time when you are unhappy about a rule, think through it again and see if it is beneficial for everyone. If it is, perhaps you should take care of everyoneÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s benefits before your own.

Second, the in-game rules. The game rules, as well, is there for a reason. It allows everyone to enjoy the game and having equal advantages in the game. The problem with players nowadays is that they do not understand the rules or they do not read it. So here, I will explain in detail what each rule means.

1. Offensive language

As stated by Jagex, any language that is offensive, obscene or racist can be classified as offensive language. Please note that calling people ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅnoobsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ