2nd monitor black=green, also pixilated (lower quality,) Not a video card issue

stonewall337

I have a 17 inch samsung syncmaster 2nd monitor plugged into my Asus RoJ laptop. I know its not a graphics card on the laptop issue. Even when I unplugged the VGA cable from my laptop, and the screen on the 2nd monitor went black it was still experiencing the same issue, where black=green.

Not sure how to fix it. None of the auto adjust or reset options on the monitor itself seemed to help.

Any clues what to do?

http://imgur.com/Whq6g,iZrBt#0 is a picture of how it looks

http://imgur.com/Whq6g,iZrBt#1 is a picture of how it should look

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Normally when this happens it's one of a few things.

You have a bad video cable.

You have bad drivers.

You have a bad video card/mobo.

You have software installed controlling the colors such as ATi's Catalyst Control Center.

Seeing as you set the monitor to default and it remains discolored when it's not even connected, it's probably a bad monitor. Your video controller card(VCC) is probably bad and would have to be replaced.

If it's recently bought, try to return/exchange it. If it's not under warranty try hitting it really hard on the side and seeing if it flickers and starts working. If none of that works, new monitor?

I doubt yours has the option, but a select few monitors have serial ports or even usb ports that allow firmware flashing. If it did, you could check into seeing if you could flash a newer firmware? Normally it's a problem with circuitry however and not software.