Bitdefender False Positive

KookosPahkina

Hello,

I have heard the same thing from multiple friends today; virus: worm.generic.424774

I tested it out on my laptop (PC) and got the same result as the friends I mentioned above.

I just got this also. After my virus scanner deleted the virus I had to reboot my computer. Then I went on the swiftkit.net site and downloaded the installer again. After downloading it, I tried to install it again and the antivirus program I use activated before the install was complete and I had to reboot again. What's going on? I've used Swiftkit for years and Swiftswitch before that. I rely on Swiftkit to play RS. Please fix this.

I just got this also. After my virus scanner deleted the virus I had to reboot my computer. Then I went on the swiftkit.net site and downloaded the installer again. After downloading it, I tried to install it again and the antivirus program I use activated before the install was complete and I had to reboot again. What's going on? I've used Swiftkit for years and Swiftswitch before that. I rely on Swiftkit to play RS. Please fix this.

Same here. I think it's some changes they made that makes the antivirus go "crazy" :P Let's just wait for a developer to answer :)

Guys we need to know what Antivirus you're running so we can notify them of the false positive. The name and version - make sure you've got the latest updates installed.

Same here. I think it's some changes they made that makes the antivirus go "crazy" :P Let's just wait for a developer to answer :)

We haven't made any changes. It just a false positive, happens every now and then.

strider3282.png

SiNmDRk.png

Yeah I noticed this too and came here for help, but it didn't seem anyone else had the problem. Just tried again and it's good to see that I'm not the only one with the problem lol.

Guys we need to know what Antivirus you're running so we can notify them of the false positive. The name and version - make sure you've got the latest updates installed.

Bitdefender Total Security 2013; Worm.generic.424774

Yeah I noticed this too and came here for help, but it didn't seem anyone else had the problem. Just tried again and it's good to see that I'm not the only one with the problem lol.

Bitdefender Total Security 2013; Worm.generic.424774

As well as their Internet Security 2013 version. Well probably all bitdefender versions :oops:

Had this exact problem and heres how I fixed it,

You need to make swiftkit an exclusion under your bitdefender firewall, but when you try to recover the file from false posistive it quickly announces it as a virus again and your attempts will be futile. So the way around this is making the entire swiftkit folder in my C Drive an exclusion:

Go to Anti Virus > Settings > Exclusions > Excluded Files and Folders > Add Exclusion

Then Add the Swiftkit Folder from your C:/ Drive whatever the extension may be i.e. C:/Programs Files/Swiftkit.

Now simply recover the false positives through your antivirus alerts, and they won't be detected as virus'.

I recommend excluding them from both on access demand scanning (auto scans) and on demand scanning (system scans) or when you scan your computer it will just decide they are virus' again.

Hope that helps. If it's unclear Ill monitor this thread and try and answer questions. Only made an account for this post as I know how fustrating it can be :).

If you're going to do the above, please do take a second as well to report the false positive to bitdefender so they can stop it from happening.

http://www.bitdefend...ations-491.html

I'd also suggest removing the exclusion after a week or two when hopefully Bitdefender have sorted it our and pushed an update.

strider3282.png

SiNmDRk.png

If you're going to do the above, please do take a second as well to report the false positive to bitdefender so they can stop it from happening.

I'd also suggest removing the exclusion after a week or two when hopefully Bitdefender have sorted it our and pushed an update.

Yes definitely, I should have mentioned its a temporary work around.

I didn't even touch my exclusion settings and seems that bitdefender doesn't detect it as a virus anymore :) I've scanned the folder where it is installed even the [Caution: Executable File] multiple times nothing detected :D