Reporting autoers

Al_Garv

Hello there!

We all know how to identify an autoer right? bold, greenish guy, lvl 3 etc.

But I have never reported any of them, because Im really scared of reporting someone who is not an autoer and getting banned for it.

So, my question is: If I report someone who is NOT n autoer, but I didnt do it on purpose, how harsh will Jagex be towards me? Will they ban me? or perhaps give me a black mark?

Don't worry...

Jagex make sure everything before taking actions against the player who was using 3rd party program. If you have reported someone mistakenly, then don't worry, especially in Macoring case since it's very hard to find evidence. But, don't make mistakes often.

Whenever you see someone Macoring, this doesn't mean they WEAR ONLY certain cloths and they are certain levels. You should actully watch their moves and observe them carefully before reporting.

Thanks for all teh advices.

Ill start reporting them.

I really hate those macroers and my blood boils everytime i see one. But I felt insecure when reporting them, so i never really reported any.

You should actully watch their moves and observe them carefully before reporting.

So what type of movements would be attributed to an auto-er? After running into 4 worlds in a row, full of lvl 3 and 4 woodcutters, I was wondering whether or not any of the were innocent of macroing seeing as how most had them default outfit.

I agree with you saying that they have almost the same outfit, but it's not necessary. Reporting them after watching certain moves is what needed, I believe. Most autoers have certain moves, they always take certain paths while going from one place to other, as I have observed them personally.

As an Example:

If some autoer is choping down a tree, he/she will take decided paths while going to bank and coming back from the bank. They will certainly not reply you, run away while having a random event and then come back, will not pass your Gnomeball back and just keep it.

These are certain moves should be observed before reporting, this is what I think.

I report people for autoing if they:

1. Look like the default character

2. Are a lvl3

3. Don't reply when I offer to buy the item they are mining, cutting, etc. for twice the regular price

I figure that if all three of these conditions are met it's a good chance they are an autoer.