Multiple OS

Gandalf14141

I'm wondering how I can have one hard drive and be able to choose from one of multiple operating systems to boot? I just bought a 1TB hard drive and I want to be able to install 4 operating systems on it. What are the steps on going about doing this? I'm working on installing Windows 7 on it right now. What are the next steps for the other 3 operating systems?

Thanks

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

I've never done more than 2 operating systems per machine, but just follow the instructions to install on a new partition. When you boot, you'll be prompted to choose an operating system. There's not really anything to worry about.

Why do you need 4 operating systems though? Sounds like you've hit an XY problem

It's just for fun. I don't have much need for anything beyond 2. Just using this as a learning experience to be honest.

EDIT: How will I be able to choose which OS to have boot? Say I had Win7 and Ubuntu on there how would I choose one from the other?

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

There are some ways, mostly with Linux afaik to force it to offer the choice on boot, otherwise it'd be a case of having a default boot device and either changing it then rebooting or tapping the appropriate key during bios boot to choose the boot source for a 1 time boot to another os.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Basically, you press the power button on your computer, then the computer asks you to pick an operating system using your arrow keys, then the operating system boots.