Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

M. and thok letter (part 5) - Do you remember the floor it dropped on for you?

F2P Game Mechanics Rare Items RuneScape

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Zantareous
[ Display Name History ]

Zantareous

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 424 posts
For the past week I've been grinding Dungeoneering floors for a few hours each day trying to get this drop (it's the last journal I need and I don't care about getting any actual dg levels anymore, so I decided why not).  Wikia says that it should drop from monsters and bosses every 6 floors (that would put it at floors 25-30), an older RSOF thread said every 4 or low Furnished floors (so that would be 17-20; I didn't add these to my rotation until a few days ago).  To make it faster, two days ago I started C1'ing the floors, but still no luck.  My fear is that I'm doing the wrong floors (given the varying information) and wasting a ton of time.

If someone happens to remember the specific floor they got it on I would love that information so I can grind that single floor over and over with confidence that it'll eventually drop.

EDIT: For any future people that stumble upon this... I gave up after a few more hours.  I feel like the most unlucky person in the world and didn't want to spend another 100 hours (yes, I literally wasted this much time just trying to get this one page) without the guarantee of getting the drop.  I wish you better luck than I had....

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,086 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

I seem to remember on Frozen floors for myself (not sure which one, sorry :/).  I'd just run 1-35 normally until you get it and try not to stress too much :) in the meantime.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts

Got mine during floor 24.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: F2P, Game Mechanics, Rare Items, RuneScape

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users