totem pole position task - the ironman version

zerohflipper

Assuming that I understand it correctly for Ironmen, your task is to enter the 6 resource dungeons that require 35 dg or lower to enter, all within 6 minutes. First off, there is a helpful list of resource dungeons here.

Items you will need: Brass key, Varrock Teleport runes, Falador Teleport runes (or teleport tabs), Ring of Kinship.

In terms of ordering I'd personally try the following:

1. Start at the Baxtorian Waterfall dungeon. This seems to be the most out of the way one, but I could be wrong if there's some teleport that takes you close.

2-3. Teleport to Varrock (probably Varrock teleport will suffice), making sure you have a brass key. Go into the Edgeville dungeon and open the dungeon with the hill giants and then the one with the Chaos Druids (warning: this is technically in the Wilderness).

4. Teleport to Karamja lodestone, run to the volcano, go in, and get to the resource dungeon there, should be straightforward.

5. Teleport to Falador, run past the party room into that tiny shack, down the stairs, and open the resource dungeon directly opposite you.

6. Finish up by teleporting to Dameonheim peninsula with your dg ring, then running all the way South a bit and East, and into the final resource dungeon to complete the task.

I think that should be doable in 6 minutes. You may want to scout out the dungeons first so you won't lose time ;).

• Like 1

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

What is this challenge? i keep getting it on my ironman while i mine iron ore at fally?

The challenge is to open 6 resource dungeons within 6 minutes (for ironman). You mention mining iron under Falador - I assume you take advantage of the resource dungeon there with a bank that requires 15 Dungeoneering to access? That is one of those 6 dungeons, so maybe it acts as a trigger to tell you something about the task. Could you be more specific about what you mean by keep getting it? Like does it pop up in the tasks interface every ~6 minutes when you enter the dungeon? Just my guess on what's happening.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

What is this challenge? i keep getting it on my ironman while i mine iron ore at fally?

Its part of the daemonheim medium task set,  

For "normal" accounts they have to finish first in a sinkhole.

We ironpeople get this one instead

Arceus' explanation looks pretty spot on,  I'll give it a go sometime in the next few days

Zerohflipper.png

Oh thats rather interesting; also explains why i've never got it before aha.

It just pops up in chat like " you've started the totem pole achivement challenge; you have 6 minutes!" then after 6 minutes it'll tell me im not fast enough. :L

Runescape is a haven..

• 8 years later...
On 3/24/2015 at 6:21 PM, Arceus said:

Assuming that I understand it correctly for Ironmen, your task is to enter the 6 resource dungeons that require 35 dg or lower to enter, all within 6 minutes. First off, there is a helpful list of resource dungeons here.

Items you will need: Brass key, Varrock Teleport runes, Falador Teleport runes (or teleport tabs), Ring of Kinship.

In terms of ordering I'd personally try the following:

1. Start at the Baxtorian Waterfall dungeon. This seems to be the most out of the way one, but I could be wrong if there's some teleport that takes you close.

2-3. Teleport to Varrock (probably Varrock teleport will suffice), making sure you have a brass key. Go into the Edgeville dungeon and open the dungeon with the hill giants and then the one with the Chaos Druids (warning: this is technically in the Wilderness).

4. Teleport to Karamja lodestone, run to the volcano, go in, and get to the resource dungeon there, should be straightforward.

5. Teleport to Falador, run past the party room into that tiny shack, down the stairs, and open the resource dungeon directly opposite you.

6. Finish up by teleporting to Dameonheim peninsula with your dg ring, then running all the way South a bit and East, and into the final resource dungeon to complete the task.

I think that should be doable in 6 minutes. You may want to scout out the dungeons first so you won't lose time ;).

I would only add that the Edgeville Dungeon is faster (at least it was for me) starting in Edgeville rather than the Varrock Sewers. Here's a pic to go with your tip. I need to level up 1 more Dungeoneering level before I can finish it. Thank you.

giphy.gif