Haven't played in a while, need some advice (Gear, abilities, farming)

Ishamael

I don't remember how long it's been since I've last played exactly, but I'm sure it's around a year. Lots of things have changed since, and I don't want to know about everything, but I kind of want to optimize my current gear and ability bars. Can someone help me out by posting model ability bars for all three combat stances for general slayer usage?

Also, what "cheap" gear should I be trying to get? Currently using Veracs with Chaotic weapons for slayer. Don't have much to spend, so I was thinking maybe Bandos since it's so cheap now?

I'm also shooting for 99 farming. I only do herb+snape grass+limpwurt runs right now. What gear should I be using to maximize speed and crop yields? Currently have Supreme Greenfingers and Fally Shield 2.

In terms of cheap gear I'm not sure what your budget is, but Bandos/Armadyl/Subjugation is generally adequate for general purpose Slayer. Range and Mage can be swapped out for Royal and Grifolic, respectively. If I may make a suggestion in terms of raising some cashing, heading to Frost Dragons with a set of Guthan's and magic notepaper should allow you to farm a decent amount of money quite efficiently with your stats. If you choose to go with degradeables and continue with Slayer for now, bear in mind Grifolic degrades, but it is decent armor and has a relatively cheap cost to get you going.

Regarding ability bars, I wouldn't be able to recommend much beyond using Wiki's setups for revolution and adding appropriate thresholds. For example, you might use Assault, Destroy, Flurry, Slaughter for duel wielding your chaotic rapiers. Something like this (and no, don't imitate my keybinds :P). It's kind of faint since I'm on a skiller. PM me in-game and I can share it with you if you want that ability bar directly (this is a feature that was added at some point), and then you can change/modify it as you want.

Q86eJCk.png

For Farming, invest in some Juju potions since they're now tradeable. Drink it straight before you pick your herbs to boost yields (on average, 33%). If you have Loyalty Points to burn, there is another tier of the Greenfingers Aura - Legendary - available for an extra 119K that may be worthwhile. Also if you don't have magic secutaurs, make sure to grab those. In fact, you can toolbelt them now for convenience :).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

In terms of cheap gear I'm not sure what your budget is, but Bandos/Armadyl/Subjugation is generally adequate for general purpose Slayer. Range and Mage can be swapped out for Royal and Grifolic, respectively. If I may make a suggestion in terms of raising some cashing, heading to Frost Dragons with a set of Guthan's and magic notepaper should allow you to farm a decent amount of money quite efficiently with your stats. If you choose to go with degradeables and continue with Slayer for now, bear in mind Grifolic degrades, but it is decent armor and has a relatively cheap cost to get you going.

Regarding ability bars, I wouldn't be able to recommend much beyond using Wiki's setups for revolution and adding appropriate thresholds. For example, you might use Assault, Destroy, Flurry, Slaughter for duel wielding your chaotic rapiers. Something like this (and no, don't imitate my keybinds :P). It's kind of faint since I'm on a skiller. PM me in-game and I can share it with you if you want that ability bar directly (this is a feature that was added at some point), and then you can change/modify it as you want.

Q86eJCk.png

For Farming, invest in some Juju potions since they're now tradeable. Drink it straight before you pick your herbs to boost yields (on average, 33%). If you have Loyalty Points to burn, there is another tier of the Greenfingers Aura - Legendary - available for an extra 119K that may be worthwhile. Also if you don't have magic secutaurs, make sure to grab those. In fact, you can toolbelt them now for convenience :).

Thanks for the post! Someone told me today while farming that I could toolbelt my secateurs, so that's done haha. I didn't know about the Jujus either, so I'll look into that for sure. Again, thanks a lot! Very informative post.