Invention - I've reached level 5 and want exp

Neohero1972

Hi

I'm a little confused about what to do once I get my Augmented Black Salamander to level 5 as the guide I'm following on runescape wikia is not quite clear (or maybe i'm just thick skulled): http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Augmented_black_salamander

1. How do I get the invention experience ?

2. Will I have to destroy my Augmented Black Salamander

3. What about the gizmo; can it be re-used ? - (assuming I will loose my Augmented Black Salamander)

---- an additional question ---

4. I have augmented a Saradomin Godsword - what is a cheap 2-hand alternative is/are there if I have to destroy the Godsword in order to get the invention exp ?

Well, that was all - thank you in advance for helping me.

1. With the augmented black salamander in your inventory, drag it down to the icon of your invention pouch at the bottom of your inventory. A confirmation prompt will appear, telling you that your item will be destroyed and some other information. Accept it and you will disassemble it, awarding you invention xp and some parts.

2. I'm not sure if you can use it at level 5, but there is an equipment siphon to siphon off the xp and keep the item, resetting it to level 0 in the process. You won't get very much xp though, so it's I would recommend you just destroy cheap weapons (like the salamander) until you unlock the upgrade to go up to level 15, and then siphon at 12 each time. Siphoning will be half the training speed of disassembling and use up more charge in the process.

3. You lose the gizmo when you destroy the item. At higher levels you can unlock an item to destroy the item and retain the gizmo, but receive no invention xp. At low level invention there's probably no reason to cannibalize your item.

4. Assuming you mean 2h melee weapons, there is Balmung (requires Blood Runs Deep, 300k), Akraise's war mace, Verac's flail, Torag's hammers (100k/140k/150k), or an upgraded sunspear (600k, requires River of Blood). I'm not sure how many quests you've done but hopefully one of those will work out for you.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Basically the best, cheapest way to train invention (through combat that is) is using Augmented Black Salamanders. You'll need about 2 of these to level 5 to achieve level 27. At this point you'll be able to research Augmented level 10, do so. At this point it might be nice to try and get a few perks. Do not try hard to achieve the best, as this will be costly and later on the better perks are easier to achieve as invention level increases. This is basically also to road you'll take towards 99/120. Research Junk chance reductions and Drain charge reductions asap. Try to predict/calculate the amount of Augmented weaponry you need to reach the levels where you can research the drain/junk reductions.

Alternatively, you can go down the skilling road. It is very cheap, albeit a bit slower. The best way to do this is Rod-O-Matics, which can be researched and used from level 22 and onward. Same principles applies, level it to level 10 and disassemble, etc.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

1. With the augmented black salamander in your inventory, drag it down to the icon of your invention pouch at the bottom of your inventory. A confirmation prompt will appear, telling you that your item will be destroyed and some other information. Accept it and you will disassemble it, awarding you invention xp and some parts.

2. I'm not sure if you can use it at level 5, but there is an equipment siphon to siphon off the xp and keep the item, resetting it to level 0 in the process. You won't get very much xp though, so it's I would recommend you just destroy cheap weapons (like the salamander) until you unlock the upgrade to go up to level 15, and then siphon at 12 each time. Siphoning will be half the training speed of disassembling and use up more charge in the process.

3. You lose the gizmo when you destroy the item. At higher levels you can unlock an item to destroy the item and retain the gizmo, but receive no invention xp. At low level invention there's probably no reason to cannibalize your item.

4. Assuming you mean 2h melee weapons, there is Balmung (requires Blood Runs Deep, 300k), Akraise's war mace, Verac's flail, Torag's hammers (100k/140k/150k), or an upgraded sunspear (600k, requires River of Blood). I'm not sure how many quests you've done but hopefully one of those will work out for you.

Thank you for your thorough reply

Regarding my question #4 then your assumption is correct - your answer was not what I wanted to hear ! as I haven't done any of those quests (and probably won't as I'm no good when it comes to boss fighting :( ) - I would have intended to use my augmented Saradomin Godsword for my slayer assignments, however, as a Saradomin is about +11m gp then it not viable for me, however, maybe a dragon 2h is (currently: 143,767gp )

Thank you for your thorough reply

Regarding my question #4 then your assumption is correct - your answer was not what I wanted to hear ! as I haven't done any of those quests (and probably won't as I'm no good when it comes to boss fighting :( ) - I would have intended to use my augmented Saradomin Godsword for my slayer assignments, however, as a Saradomin is about +11m gp then it not viable for me, however, maybe a dragon 2h is (currently: 143,767gp )

You could still use try one of the barrows weapons I mentioned then? You could always put on your sgs to do its special and restore health, then switch back as needed.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

You could still use try one of the barrows weapons I mentioned then? You could always put on your sgs to do its special and restore health, then switch back as needed.

Hi

I also have an "issue" when it comes to degradable weapons !

I been reading some more and found this http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Augmentation#Disassembling_and_siphoning - there is a table where it looks like that from level 60 it doesn't matter any longer whether I dissemble or siphon a weapon as the experience is the same (540,000 exp).

I'm currently level 27 in Invention and there is approximately 4,2m to level 60. So I have thought about getting there by using black salamanders, which are cheap and lets me train my range (a skill I don't train that much !) in combination with slayer assignments (I'll get my ammo from Abberrant Spectres as they both drop Harralander and Swamp tar.

When you augment an item the degradable part becomes irrelevant; they all just use charges. If you ever unaugment it it returns to a broken form.

That table is out of date actually - the correct figures are something like 400k for a level 70 weapon and 600k for a level 90 (disassembling at level 10/siphoning at level 12). This was changed after a few weeks and I guess their page wasn't updated.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png