Training Dummies

saywuuuut

My collection of these has been growing across many skills - but are these even worth the time? Certain skills more useful that others?

Anytime I've participated in a dummy beating it seemed pretty minimal in terms of experience.

hqdefault.jpg

Thoughts?

When you mention your collection, are you referring to training dummies in RS3? Those are more than worthwhile, especially over a bonus XP weekend if you save them. Or did you mean something else?

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

That is exactly what I meant - the picture was just a bit of a 'dummy' humour if you will (I'll show myself out). 

Is there any trick to dummies, like with divine setups the more people the more experience, or extra experience to be the one who sets it up? 

Oh! Haha, now I get it, I was just a tad confused for a moment.

I believe the experience is fixed; however if there are several people gathering, the health of the dummies can be depleted faster (up to a certain limit) allowing you to use them up more quickly and hence get your experience more rapidly. The other people harvesting from it get a small fraction of the experience that the owner does, but if you place it somewhere like W2 Burthorpe (assuming your computer doesn't lag too much), you should have more than enough. Brawlers should also work with them, if you want to do it solo/with trusted friends somewhere in the deep wilderness.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of those combat dummies.  I was doing a melee one and it actually killed me and I didn't have a ring of life on and had to pay to get all my inventory stuff back.  Ughs.  I don't use those dummies anymore. Ha.

cid_003c01c5fb8beb6aad30580ce118fel.gif