firefox help

ford_rule

ok so this has happened a couple of times now, when i tried to load firefox a window popped up n said the account is already in use or something like that, then it says try a user and everytime i have had to make a new one, the problem is that when i do i lose all my favourites which sucks bigtime. anyone know how i can reload old users or get my favourites back?

111yr4.jpg

Close all open Firefox windows, including the download manager, whatever. Then go Start -> Run. Type "firefox[Caution: Executable File] -p" (without quotes.) Select the profile you wish to use.

If the "profile is already in use" alert comes up in future, click cancel or close it or something, then press ctrl+alt+del and click the processes tab. End task on all instances of firefox[Caution: Executable File], then try again.

Oh and by the way, they're called bookmarks ;)

Note that this advice assumes you're using Windows XP.

Edit: I forgot to go around the censor.

Close all open Firefox windows, including the download manager, whatever. Then go Start -> Run. Type "firefox.e3e (CAUTION - executable file) -p" (without quotes.) Select the profile you wish to use.

If the "profile is already in use" alert comes up in future, click cancel or close it or something, then press ctrl+alt+del and click the processes tab. End task on all instances of firefox.e3e (CAUTION - executable file), then try again.

didn't work, it says it cant find the firefox.e3e file lol, if i reinstall will i be able to get old users back still?

111yr4.jpg

Close all open Firefox windows, including the download manager, whatever. Then go Start -> Run. Type "firefox.e3e (CAUTION - executable file) -p" (without quotes.) Select the profile you wish to use.

If the "profile is already in use" alert comes up in future, click cancel or close it or something, then press ctrl+alt+del and click the processes tab. End task on all instances of firefox.e3e (CAUTION - executable file), then try again.

didn't work, it says it cant find the firefox.e3e file lol, if i reinstall will i be able to get old users back still?

doh....ignore the censor... make sure you type

"firefox[Caution: Executable File] -p" and make sure there are no FF windows open at the time

oh yes this happend to me a lot of times

its the main reason i switched to Oprah Browser. :D

Thanks for your wonderful advice. Next time just don't post.

sig2ho7.jpg