Mining on Slow Connection

Socksor

I am a Level 83 miner, with hopes of becoming a rune miner some day. Over the summer, I will be able to play lots of Runescape but I will be forced down to high speed dialup. :? Even on my current DSL setup, I lose to many level 50 miners. Unlike the past, every mining spot is crowded. Any advice? Thanks.

Wait until next week. Jagex's engine update will speed up the game for you and also get rid of many autoers and free up mining spots (if you're on f2p).

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Wait until next week. Jagex's engine update will speed up the game for you and also get rid of many autoers and free up mining spots (if you're on f2p).

Oh right, I almost forgot about the engine upgrade. I sure hope it's worth it. Thanks. :wink:

From every high level miner that I have spoke to your mining speed is determined solely by your pickaxe. 99 and 59 mine coal at the same rate with a rune pick.

I would suggest a full world in a out of the way spot and power mine and drop iron. Fastest xp and the more people on the world the faster the respawns.

Good Luck.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

I had this same problem mining iron. I could 1 hit every time, but so could a lvl 50 miner and they beat me with faster connection. After about lvl 50, everyone can mine just as fast with a rune pick, 1 hit on iron. Also, coal and above ores don't get any faster with lvl.

Normally I was the only person mining iron in alkarid that could 1 hit anyway. This is the best spot, if someone else is beating you just world hop.

We'll have to see how this new game engine turns out too.

runemsanta,ishepp.gif

89/99 farming