crumble undead advise?

eye_merchant

While making my pure i notice my magic being very low. I ask everyone what spell to train and they say crumble undead. They always say crumble undead or cammy tellys.

I only have some money to spare on magic; due to my main just being hacked. So i needed a fairly cheaper way and yet good xp. Im 36 mage now, but can easily get 39 for crumble undead. But i was looking and as much as people say the xp is the best i noticed fire bolt is an extra 10 xp more. :wall:

So i dont understand how the ever so popular crumble undead is good xp if another spell lower then it gives more xp. Tip.its mage calc says i need to do about 10.1k crumble undeads, then again i looked at fire bolts and it says i need to do 7.2k fire bolts. So how is crumble undead faster xp when i can do 3k less spells and still get the same magic level?

ipodsig0jv.png

beast2008: 100 combat - banned july 9th 2006

~R.I.P the old nite~

Simple answer...it isn't. I think they changed the spell a while back and made it much worse, but I'm not sure on that. You could try Fire Bolting, you could also try Cursing things (you want -65 Magic bonus so you always fail). It's slower but it's also less expensive.

sig2.jpg

The calcs takes the average hit xp.

The base magic xp for crumble undead is 24.5xp and for fire bolt it's 21.5.

The damage you hit is an additional xp. The total xp given is twice the damage you hit plus the base xp.

If you would fail all the spells, crumble undead is the best xp for a chaos rune. Air/earth staff and twice as many air/ earth as chaos and a very low magic attack bonues, and you're ready :wink:

fastforce.png

lunarvu1.png

The calcs takes the average hit xp.

The damage you hit is an additional xp. The total xp given is twice the damage you hit plus the base xp.

If you would fail all the spells, crumble undead is the best xp for a chaos rune. Air/earth staff and twice as many air/ earth as chaos and a very low magic attack bonues, and you're ready :wink:

wow thanks alot, that explains a whole lot. Can you poast an example? Like if i hit X i would get X exp? Thanks. =D>

oh, and the calc says i need to do 10.1k crumble undeads... so how much would this lower?

ipodsig0jv.png

beast2008: 100 combat - banned july 9th 2006

~R.I.P the old nite~

I hit a 10 with fire bolt. 10 damage * 2, 20 xp. 20xp + Base xp (21.5xp)gives you 41.5xp for a fire bolt spell that hit 10.

Now i hit a 10 with crumble undead. 10 * 2 = 20 xp. 20 + 24.5 = 44.5 xp.

These are the values for magic if you're casting the spell in accurate or agressive. If you're casting it in defensive, the damage hit xp will be split in two. Half goes to magic and the other half to defence.

So if i hit a 10 with crumble undead, on defensive:

24.5 base + 10xp. < this goes to magic skill

10xp < this goes to defence skill

But if you're failing all the spells, it doesn't matter if it's on defensive or not.

oh, and the calc says i need to do 10.1k crumble undeads... so how much would this lower?

It will not lower, as the TipIt calc calculates it at the base magic xp. Whereas the fire bolt xp as an average. (I guess most people fail crumble undead for xp and that's why it takes the base xp).

fastforce.png

lunarvu1.png