Need Fletching Advice

Hawk14

I'm currently 50 fletching and 48 woodcutting.

I would like an advice on how to lvl efficently. My goal is 80 fletching.

This is my strategy. Let me know what you think. If you have a better idea, I'll be very happy to read it.

Right now, I'm cutting down maples. I'm planning to cut down at least 3k. According to the Tip.it calculator, I need to fletch 650 short maple bows (stringed) to reach 55 fletching. Once I've reached 55 fletching, I need 2428 long maple bows (stringed) to reach lvl 65.

At lvl 65, I need 2135 short yew bows (stringed) to reach 70 fletching. This is where it gets complicated. Once I've reached lvl 70 I'll need 10461 :!: long yew bows (stringed) to reach lvl 80.

As of now, this is my plant to reach 80 fletch. I'll need to pick up (or buy) 13413 :shock: flax and that is no easy task lol.

Anyways, if you have a better idea on how to lvl up to 80, please let me know.

Thanks in advance. :D

I'm lvl 89 fletching (80k) off lvl 90 :D, and I suggest you just use willows to lvl because they are cheap.

Don't bother stringing any bows until you can make money off them (yew longs or higher) because the strings are expensive, or if you are making the strings youself, you can sell for at least 150gp ea (and buy willows).

Once you reach lvl 70, buy yews 250 ea, bs 150 ea, and nats 300 ea and make yew longs, and hi alc them, this will keep you going till lvl 80.

Another thing you can do is note all of the willow short/longs you've made and sell them to a general store, this is slow, but if you've made like 10k+ bows, and you're short on cash, it's worth it.

213+Jaker.png

Yea, dont start any yews until you are 70 fletch, i.e. yews longbow. I suggest you keep on cutting willow logs into longbows and sell to shop, dont be afraid that you will lose money, because you will earn way more $$ back after 70.

From 70-80 (or 85, because you will lose money too by fletching magic shortbow), I suggest you buy yew logs 250-300, and bowstrings for 150 ea, and fletch them to yew longbows, and sell them back for 600 ea. That's some easy profit as 150 gp each. \'

When I trained fletching I cut all the willows I needed and then fletched unstrung willow longs and sold them to general stores. I really isn't worth stringing anything until you get to yew longs (too slow and too expensive). Wcing everything yourself is an annoyance but if you want to make good money with yew longs you'll want high wc to cut them yourself.

df

iratebadger.png

I started like 59 fletch 60 wc? not sure, exactly the wc.

I cut roughly 8k maples and made them into long (u)'s never stringing them.

ended up 70 fletch and 75 wc and started cutting yew longs (s) to hi alch.

I had done legends though and so had those 6 maples on legends west side all to myself.

If you are cutting your own logs, might want to look into maples. if buying logs, willow all the way to yew longs. You'd honestly be better off brinigng your wc up with your fletch.

and yes, do not string (for exp) a single bow until yew longs.

Cheers!

-BB