Mining and banking coal (F2P)

Deadlyfun

Closest and probably safest place would be the mining guild. But it's way over-crowded there. If you feeling you want to get coal at any cost, and as fast as possible. The skeleton in around level ~10-16 wilderness would be your number 1 choice.

Cons: Pkers, and skeletons.

Pro's: Relatively close to a bank, and almost no other miners there. 8-)

Edit: As for iron, south-west of varrok is pretty much the only good place.

i think the best place is the mining guild. it is really close to the bank and every other ore except rune is right there for you to use. then you can maximize your space for ores and not worry about being pked.

Nobody can control his own life. The best you can do is chose to fill the roles given to you with good people, people who love you.

Just go with a rune pick axe. If you do get pk'd you wont drop it anyway, and with a bronze you'd just manage to drop one less coal if you die.

Being so shallow into the wilderness anyway, if you get attacked, you'd likely have the prayer and health to make a break into low enough wildly to not die anyway.

Ethiery.gif

A man who doesn't read, is no smarter than a man who can't read.

Amen to that brother you may wanna make a few steel plates, less damage from skellies and a bit of armor should you get attacked. And they're cheap. But yeah, I do recommend a rune pick, the quicker you get in and get out, the less chance of dieing. Just watch for people trying to place themselves between rocks and you so you hit them, I've seen this happen before.

Ethiery.gif

A man who doesn't read, is no smarter than a man who can't read.