Alcing yew bows?

Ethiery

Ok, I swear this question is going to ring so newbish, but I gotta ask.

Where is the "great profit" I hear about from alcing yew longs. Logs 250, bow strings 180, nats 300 and they alc for around 750ish? Can you really make the bows and alc them quick enough for this to be that great of income?

Ethiery.gif

A man who doesn't read, is no smarter than a man who can't read.

Seems like that would be a whole lot slower than other methods, is the magic trade off worth it in your opinion?

Ethiery.gif

Slow, but you gain xp in many skills. Of course you can mix it up and make it faster, like buying logs and bs or premade longs, but crafting your own nats. Or cutting your logs and buing nats etc. As long as you make/get something yourself then you get a decent income, unless you only want xp and buy everything needed.

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

cutting yews is out of the question, I loathe it. I think I get a better understanding of it now. I was just a bit blinding with all the flashing alcer thinking they bought the stuff, alced it right there, and bam, loaded up on cash.

Ethiery.gif

I usually buy the yews and flax. I spin my own flax for crafting xp and save about 50-100gp per bow. I craft my own nats so it costs me about 400gp per bow, which alchs for 768gp. It's 368 profit or 68gp profit if you bring in the cost for the nats. You can't beat the mage xp though.

greatham.png

- Affliction - 100 Combat - 9/15/06

Merchant / Skiller

lolyr0.png

think I'll buy logs, flax, and nats, I just had a wonder exprience trying the abyss. Tried to get a larger pouch, was doing fine, got surronded, no big deal, went to squeeze out of there, and manageg to fail atleast twelve times and died. So it's rather disheartening to craft nats after so far it's put you in debt while someone sits there going "rofl nub"

Ethiery.gif

the market price of items is based on their hi alch value.....

With d hide, green bodies alch for 4,680 gp and take 3 hides...

assuming you craft your own nats, at 1600 gp sell price average, a player only loses 185ish gold after tanning and thread costs.

185ish gp for 186 crafting exp plus you get mining exp for ess, rc exp for the nats and magic exp for the cast and agility exp for hi alching in the brimhaven agility arena.....

The market prices for raw materials is tied to their hi alch price for the most part... if a price is too low, people will snap up the excess until market balance is restored.

When looking at the alch value, look at the most exp/cash for least mount of raw material....

1k for molten glass makes zero sense until you realize there's over 2k gold profit in making air battle staves.... not the glass orbs themselves...

so in effect you need to at least provide some effort to a product to make hi alching gain money.

Cheers!

-BB