spy-ware problem

goalybobjr

ok...at this point i am getting agrevated and need help.

my computer tells me to download programs and then i do and they always end up as a free scan and i need to pay for the full thing to delete the spyware.

i am really at a loss and dont know what to do.

if anyone could tell me a program to download or what to do it owuld be greatly appreciated because all the messages of my computer being unsafe and the lag are not only annoying but make me a little worried because i dont want my stuff stolen or anyhting.

Spybot

Ad-Aware

Hijack-this

Norton 2005

thats what i have on my comp, and it stays fairly clean

i reccomend getting the bolded ones :P they will help ALOT

one of the best :)

all are free cept for norton anti virus 2005..

if you need an anti virus, for free, download AVG, google it. its by Grisoft.

and if ur not smart with comps, dont mess with hijack-this, unless you post the log you got here, people should be able to help you :)

Here's what I use:

Spybot Search and Destroy (free!) Detect and remove spyware.

http://www.safer-networking.org/

LavaSoft Ad-Aware (free!) Fights spyware.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

AVG Free Virus Scanner

http://free.grisoft.com/

NEVER trust websites or popups that say you have spyware (unless you recognize it as coming from a valid program on your computer (such as one of the above)). If you're unsure as to weather or not a spyware report is valid, close it and run one (better yet, all three :twisted: ) of the programs above. If you find lots of spyware on your system, make sure you reboot and scan again after you remove it. If something keeps coming back, google it and see if you can find help for removing that particular program.

alright ty guys the problem seems to be gone for now but my home page was changed in the process...i got to tool - internet options and type in the home page click apply and it doesnt work? advice?

browser hijacker..

download Hijack This, and post the log here.. check the forum stickies for the link.

alright ty guys the problem seems to be gone for now but my home page was changed in the process...i got to tool - internet options and type in the home page click apply and it doesnt work? advice?

You sure the programs didn't pick that up? Did you scan with all 3 programs? Were they updated?

goldenblade995.png

get windows defender too

and don't touch the popups. my brother got this stupid thing called spyware quake on my computer and it took forever for me to get rid of it.

the easiest way really is to just download the trial version of prevx1 and let it scan. it's a 30 day trial i believe and it lets to delete stuff without having to pay

canuckskilltheavalanche3ea.jpg

pwned