Problems with accessing certain websites

ctp080188

At the moment my computer is unable to show hotmail inbox, microsoft generally, and google images. It shows only a white page and says "done" yet nothing is shown. It's really frustrating and i have no idea what's causing it. i have run numerous scans and nothing has come up. However, recently i had an error on my computer saying resxx/mcshield.dll and was to do with the mcafee virus scan software. I think i got rid of the problem by uninstalling all mcafee anti-virus stuff and have avg instead. I don't know whether that's relevant or not, but it's the only thing i can think of that may have corrupted these sites. If it's not any trouble, I would appreciate if anyone could help. Thanks

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

well if your paid fo Mcafee, I would reinstall that and update it before I used AVG, I had AVG literally destroy my computer once... so it's not on good grounds with me. Some how a virus infected the AVG and told it that every file on my computer was a virus and automatically stated deleting stuff, it was awesome if I wanted to format... but I didn't.

What do you mean by microsoft generally, like you cant get to the windows update page or anything related to MS / Hotmail / .net ?

At the moment my computer is unable to show hotmail inbox, microsoft generally, and google images. It shows only a white page and says "done" yet nothing is shown. It's really frustrating and i have no idea what's causing it. i have run numerous scans and nothing has come up. However, recently i had an error on my computer saying resxx/mcshield.dll and was to do with the mcafee virus scan software. I think i got rid of the problem by uninstalling all mcafee anti-virus stuff and have avg instead. I don't know whether that's relevant or not, but it's the only thing i can think of that may have corrupted these sites. If it's not any trouble, I would appreciate if anyone could help. Thanks

First of all, your computer is just a client - It simply downloads the data from a website and formats them for your computer.

The other thing that comes to mind is that the Mcafee (sp?) suite has an option where you must manually allow each cookie, If you haven't been doing this for particular websites (IE. You've denied the cookies in the past) then that would be causing some issues for you.

I would look through the Mcafee options and see if there is an area where you can turn off this option... Well actually, I would be uninstalling it altogether and going with NOD32 - But I understand if you are happy with what you have!

codbar.jpg

4wmbar.jpg

thanks alot for your replies. I don't really know much about anti-virus software and such, my dad told me to get avg on my computer and i didn't really argue lol. I still don't know what caused the problem, as it still happens when i use INTERNET EXPLORER, however i switched to firefox and hotmail and such now loads... meh i will never understand computers!

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.