Lvl 55 Magic...

bombpie

I'm going for level 55 magic. I am currently level 46. How long do you think it would take me to use about 5k minds (fire strike)? And should i train against the lesser in the cage in wizzy tower, or the lessers Crandor (unless there is another creature that is better)?

bombpie.png

PURE F2p

http://tip.it/runescape/?page=magic_calc.htm

Looks like you are right with the 5k (give or take a few). I'd also add curse runes to that, to maximize the the hit & damage.

If you do the Wizards tower lesser, then be sure to take a telegrab, you never know when a rune med might turn up!

If you don't already have a completed skull sceptre (makes a handy 1-space teleport), then that should be plenty to get you the Ankou's piece (safespot in the south room - should also yield some laws), and the catablepon piece (safespot in northwest room).

I've burned a lot of fire strikes in the ankou safepot, and been comfortably rewarded with law runes - 1500 strikes gave me 34 laws, have to burn a similar number on Lessers and see if I can score a rune med. At ad-hoc 1k for single prices for laws, you'd need to score 3 rune meds from the lessers, or a least a fair smattering of medium value drops. I forgot, there was also some mithril ore, addy arrows, rune ess and coins.