Barrows Log

Started on the 12th of Febuary 2007

Made by Own_Age90 - aka Gditz

Current Goals

Making 250 trips

Getting enough money for a Dragon chain

Gaining at least one combat level or magic level

The Beginning

This part is mostly to show what I have before I start to reach for my goal and what I use, wear and how I barrow.

outlaybankbeforeof0.png

The bones are my barrow trip counter and I will pick up one set of bones every trip.

equipqg7.pngequip2mq4.png

The first image is what I wear when I am killing Torag, Verac and Guthan and also when I am walking around in the tunnels below looking for the last brother. The extra prayer potion is used when i have to kill Dharok down in the tunnels.

Killing the Barrow Brothers

After gearing up at the bank in Canifis I head to the entrance to the south of the pub. A quick walk thorugh the dungeon and I am ready to open the door out to the Mort Myre Swamp. I'll put run on and head on south to the bridge, climb across it, quickly run south to the boat and board it. After the boat ride I usually turn run off to save up energy for the tunnels and I walk to the first mound.

I'll equip my monk robes, slayer staff and obby shield and get myself ready for the most deadly brother of all, Dharok. Sure, with prayer and lots of food he is easy but one "white screen" and you are most likly dead. If Dharok isnt in his mound I usually try to "Safe" him in the tunnels or just use my prayer pot.

Next brother in line is Karil and I keep my gear on as it is. Karil can be killed with both magic and/or melee attacks. I myself prefer the slayer dart approach since I feel it hits more often than a dds and a rune defender. It also saves space not to bring dds and defender. Fighting karil in the tunnels is fairly easy if you either have alot of food or to pray him ("Safe"ing is not possible).

If both Dharok and Karil are dead as I approach the thrid mound, I can start to relax. The other brothers are easy compared to D&K. So on with the show and on with the dragon hides, its time to go shooting. Ahrim is very easy and the fact that his weakness is ranged attacks and his attacks are magic makes it ideal to range him. Prayer isn't really needed against Ahrim since he hits quite rarely. Melee is also good but still takes up space to keep a dds and a defender in your inventory.

The next three brothers are almost the same, they all have melee attacks and they are weak to magic attacks. Verac is slightly stronger than Torag and Guthan due to the fact that he has a chance to hit through your armour and he hits 20+ quite often. I just eat when my hp is under half of my max hp since every time I eat, I miss out on an attack which prolongs the fight. I use magic on the brothers and I usually turn out fine.

When my kill count is 5 I go to find the mound that belongs to the brother you have yet to kill and go down to the tunnels by searching the tomb. I quickly start looking for the door into the chest room and start heading towards it. I usually get to kill the last brother before I get to the chest and if I dont, I try to get my kill count up to around 15 before opening the chest which makes the last brother appear. After he is dead I search the chest again, see what I got and make sure nothing feel to the ground before I teleport away to the safety of my home.

Trips and Chest findings

I will only write down dragon and barrow items and half keys. Runes and bolt racks will be added up later.

Trips so far: 16

Trip 6: Half key (Teeth)

Trip 7: Torags Platelegs

Trip 15: Half key (Loop)

Trip 24: Veracs Flail

~So far my trips are looking good, plenty of runes and the only thing lacking is mind runes, can't seem to get any at all at the moment.

-The 14th of Febuary

originalwhitecopykn3.png

good luck, looks like you already got more luck then i do :( did about 50 trips, no items :-s

dibujillole3.png

^click to visit my blog! And if u got some spare hammers for my collection, i will always take them just pm me :)

5743th with cooking 99!--8 november 2006--

16361st with str 99! --15 april 2007--

35000th with Attack 99! --20 June 2008--

29524th with Hitpoints 99! --3 August 2008--