Forum Feature Changes

Auto-Login

As promised , auto login has been re-enabled.

:)

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

Board Styles

I have recently uploaded and made available a handful of new Forum Templates for our users to make use of . Some that were previously available and a few new ones.

All these templates have been installed in their default form and may not 100% match thier previous state. There is NO need to alert the Admins to these issues as they will all be adjusted bit by bit.

Albosky

Report Post Function

As you may have noticed , all posts will now contain a new " ! " icon in the upper right hand corner (next to quote/edit) . This new button will allow our users to report bad posts to our Moderator Team.

This system was designed to save users from having to write private messages to individual Moderators , but to send a single report to all Moderators with abilities in the forum the post resides in.

Upon clicking the report icon , you will be presented with a few pre-defined reasons for submitting the report and a section to add any additional comments (comments are required when selecting an option marked with a "*"). Including a link to the post is not needed, the system includes this information automatically.

Posts are not able to be reported twice and the icon will appear to have an X through it if it has already been submitted. Reporting posts is also subject to the same 60 second flood limit as making posts.

Please use good judgement when reporting posts to the Moderators, somebody calling you a "noob" or not agreeing with your opinion is not a reason to submit a report on their posts.

Abusing this system , can and WILL result in action being taken against your account on our forums !

Thanks,

The Administrative Team

animreportbanner4ga.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Profile Option - Disable Signature View

To help our users with lower monitor resolutions and slower internet connections, an option has been added to your user profile to disable viewing signatures in posts.

This should allow for quicker page loads for dialup users due to the reduced amount of images being downloaded upon viewing posts.

This should also reduce the amount of page scrolling when reading a topic.

The new option can be found just above "Always attach my signature" in your profile.

Signature viewing is enabled by default.

Happy browsing !

Albosky

Tech Admin

Topic Viewcount Re-enabled

As most users are aware , the "View count" on topics was disabled sometime ago to reduce the stress on our database server while other work was being performed. This feature has been enabled once again and has been silently updating for the past 3 days. Topic views on posts created in the last few weeks may not be 100% accurate. Any topic started after June 11th represents the actually amount of views a topic has had.

Albosky

Tech Admin

New Smilies

To give our users a few more options on how to express their thoughts and feelings with style, a small assortment of new Smilies has been added.

The current Smiley system has been altered a bit to accomodate up to 49 smilies before having to click "view more emoticons" to see the rest available. Hopefully the 2 added columns of smilies does not create a problem for users with lower monitor resolutions.

Enjoy :)

The Admin Team

• 3 weeks later...

Profile Option - RuneScape Username

After countless requests, I have added a new field to user profiles to display Runescape Username.

This option will be displayed under the posters info when viewing topics and when viewing user profiles.

As we are aware that alot of our users no longer play Runescape, the field is completely optional and will not be displayed when viewing topics if it is left blank in their profile.

Users wishing to utilize this new field can find it located under the "Location" field in their profile.

Albosky

Profile Option - RuneScape Username links to Highscores

A simple change has been made to this function . the RSN when viewing a topic will now open a new window of the users highscores page at runescape.com

thanks to Necromancer_Magic for suggesting it and providing the proper link for the lookup