Tale of the Lover's Ghosts

Xewleer

Tale of the LoverÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Ghosts

Ben Wheeler

I was wandering through Arcadia in my younger years, and being an inexperienced traveler, got caught in the rain. I ran to the near by inn and dried off because there was no slowing of the rain, it stayed and had dinner.

An old man came up and began to tell stories, what stories! Mostly of war and glory and battles that marks our recent history. One story, however, I chose to mark down, it went something like this.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅIt was the war between Shabbotholm and Arcadia, I was a lieutenant. The army, eager for new blood in the ranks, had promoted a young man as captain over my group. I believe it was during the time when Arcadia was fighting at the borders of Shabotholm. That young Captain! He would tell us often of a girl he used to know and love; she was the daughter of ShabbotholmÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s ambassador to Arcadia. Then living in a town near Frostmourne, They, being sword fighters, good ones too, grew up near each other and fell in love. He used to tell us often of her beauty and sword-play. She was, of course, deported with her family; she had relatives and ancestors who were high up in ShabbolholmÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s army. She did return his love greatly.

Now it so happened that the army she was in and the young CaptainÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s squad (with ArcadiaÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s army, of course) met in battle on the border, the Battle of Sorrows Refuge, stopping only for nightfall. I saw that between them that they would meet in battle, for neither would bear it if someone else killed the other.

On the day after the first the young lady (a lieutenant) was standing in front of the army, the young captain went out, a brief calm and they rushed together. By the time their blades touched both armies rushed with a roar as if all the thunder of the world had focused itself in that one point.

I and the young captainÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s platoon fought to keep his back from an unlucky hit from the opposing army.

Eventually, for some unknown reason, the armies fell back, except for me and a few others, from both armies, who had unconsciously created a circle around the combatants.

Then the battle really began. It was fought by skill and not by speed or strength. He swung his sword with a great cleave across the air, that the force of it left the blade and was sent toward her. I was behind her; she bent down behind her sword. Placing both hands behind it, she stopped the cut from reaching her. I felt the air wave that accompanied the slash; it drove me back several feet! Behind me I heard shields being dented and cloven as it continued.

She, having stuck her sword in the ground, brought it up, batting a large rock toward the young captain. He slashed it back and she dodged. They charged and went at it, seeking, probing, feinting and searching, now one gets pushed back, then the other! Such a fight I will never see again, and I have seen many things, sacks, massacres, long marches and fields of gore (how I wish to forget!) but never anything like that.

The armies began to fight again when the combatants both had a sword at the otherÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s neck. Now I saw something on the armor of the young captain, wetness on his helm. They jumped back.

They stood there, the captain hell to his knees and cast off his helm, he was crying.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅI canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t fight you anymore!ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

I'm quite busy right now doing various things so I only read the first few paragraphs. However it was good fun to read and told in a sincere and apparently truthful, almost 'old world' style. I think you need to work on your grammar, and some of the sentences are a bit muddled up, but the description and paragraphing is pretty good! :)

Nice story!

I enjoyed it. But there are some mistakes in your story.

You need to indent paragraphs, it was pretty difficult to read because everything was mashed together.

I also had some questions:

1. Is this your piece of work? Because at the bottom of your story is quotes

this and all other references concerning this are property of Vu Vu, I being his chief contributor.

2. What do you mean not for sale on ebay? :-k

Other than those, nice job!

DaBulls.jpg

do you mean my style? I had my grammar teacher proofread and she didn't find anything glaring... oh well. But I think every author needs a style for grammar, a finger print for all works that changes with age while remaining the same.

I wrote this for vu's literary universe and I did that as a play on free fan subs for animes. and for some reason, I cant put in indentation, but ill try again,

sorry for your eyes[/u]

do you mean my style? I had my grammar teacher proofread and she didn't find anything glaring... oh well. But I think every author needs a style for grammar, a finger print for all works that changes with age while remaining the same.

I wrote this for vu's literary universe and I did that as a play on free fan subs for animes. and for some reason, I cant put in indentation, but ill try again,

sorry for your eyes[/u]

Oh, I just posted something not too long ago and I tried to indent and there was something wrong also.

DaBulls.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It was good, nicely told in a way appropriate to the era it's set in. Very nice. Perhaps little more description if you were writing it in a romantic way. But since it was told by a drunk man perhaps not ?? #-o

:D :D :D do some moooore!!!!!!

leesiggehki4.png

thanks! I'll edit it a small amount, your reading it means a lot to me! And I am, its in a different world and less romantic, about Kun, you might enjoy!

I do have some stories in my back pocket already typed, its just that I'm trying to rewrite them.

thanks! I'll edit it a small amount, your reading it means a lot to me! And I am, its in a different world and less romantic, about Kun, you might enjoy!

I do have some stories in my back pocket already typed, its just that I'm trying to rewrite them.

Thankyou sooooooooo much, that means alot to me :D. I can't wait to read some more of your stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way in my last post i forgot to mention it, but i wanted to say it had a lovely old style feel. The way that in the "olden days" we didn't embelish stories with fancy words and description just good quality plot line. Not that i don't like embelishing, i just thought you made light of the latter in a really professional way. :mrgreen:

leesiggehki4.png