The Lost Journal of Islar *UPDATED 3/5*

Minoture

NOTE TO READER: This entire story was written in segments, some bridges between segments may not make much sence, just keep reading!

ALSO- This story was intended to be written in three parts, the first would contain the journal and the warrior copying it down as he was chanced by Zamorok's followers, the second the warrior's quest after reading the journal, and a third to be about ************************* (cesored due to spoilers).

PART I: THE ANCIENT WARRIOR

NOTE TO LIBRARIAN: I recently found this Journal while keeping guard over the Chaos Temple. I had been assigned there by my clan and was keeping watch when I saw something lying tattered under the alter. I picked it up and found it to be a lost journal of a great hero. I have copied down the first few pages here. The journal was tattered and most likely had pages scattered all around Runescape. I will try to find more lost pages, maybe the Wise Old Man in Draynor has a page...

CHAPTER I

- I have begun this journal in the hope that these wars may not be forgotten, that it ever be known what happened when the gods controlled the land, using us warriors as minions. My only hope is that my children will not have to worry about such things, at that they may never know the wrath of Zamarock or any other Immortal.

I am writing this first entry by the currant base for Saradomin's followers. This temple was originally controlled by Zamarock, but was captured by us. Thankfully the Void Knights of Guthix had decided that it was time to intervene! We had been worried that the Void Knights may never think the tide had shifted, even after Zamarock's followers summoned Delrith and destroyed old Varrock. To think, the oldest city in the land destroyed by a demon while Saradomin's army was busy fighting in the eastern swamps...

THIS IS WHERE THE JOURNAL IS TORN

CHAPTER II

After having a discussion with the Wise Old Man I discovered that he might have had a few pages hidden in his bookshelf. After searching for about an hour I found the next few entries. They are a little muddy so it may take me a while to put them back in the journal and make them legible. Please feel free to comment on weather you think this journal is authentic and if it contains battles that are worth remembering!

-Today we move North through the woods and are trying to get to the maze that is made by the gushing lava. Our scouts report that Zamarock is sending some of his followers south the engage us in battle, I hope for their sake that they avoid us!

-HURRAH! WE ARE VICTORIOUS! In the area that we have now christened "The Bone Yard", after all the bones that are now scattered around, we have defeated Zamarock's army for a second time (with Guthix's help of course). In his anger the evil Lord Zamarock has resurrected some skeletons to guard the bones of his fallen men! We will have no trouble getting past them, as they are weak.

The day began calmly enough; we were marching from the chaos temple full of favor from Saradomin. As expected the enemy engaged us and soon we were in a giant battle! I whipped out my trusty Battle Axe of Addament and charged into battle with a loud "SAAARRRRAAADDDOOOMMMIIINNN!!!" I leveled past the first of his monks and began praying to Saradomin to block the horrid magical spells Zamarock's Warlocks had begun casting on me. I dashed and bashed through a few of the Giants Zamarock had summoned; the rest of them retreated to a hill northwest of the battlefield. Blood gushed out of my hand as I saw myself get slashed by Iban, Zamarock's son! We battled for hours, him and I, me getting my battle axe blocked by his staff, and him, finding it useless to attack me with his spells, lunging continuously. I was able to dodge these with ease, but Iban seemed immune to my axe blows. After 5 hours Iban told his army to withdraw with a load roar, "GET BACK TO THE MAZE! THEY CANNOT DEFEAT US THERE!"

Boldly we gave chase, but to no avail. They must have had potions brewed to give them energy to run forever, for we could not keep up with them and were soon reduced to panting violently. It was at this time that Zamarock summoned the skeletons of his dead army in his rage. The thing about the undead is that they are much weaker than when they were alive. Normally we could take them with ease, but the battle had us so fatigued we might have died there, if it wasn't for those wonderful Void Knights and their magic maces that could crumble those skeletons with ease.

IT MAY TAKE ME A WHILE TO GET THE MUD OFF THE REST OF THE PARCHMENT; I THINK THE APOCATHARY MAY HAVE SOME STUFF FOR CLEANING OFF CAKED MUD...

CHAPTER III

Haha, lucky me, he had some, just might take a while to get the rest cleaned up, here's what I got so far...

-We got a message today from the Duke of Lumbridge. It seems that there have been some weird disturbances by the Al-Kharid gate. He is requesting that we send someone back to investigate. Lucky me, I was picked. It should only be a few days getting back, especially if it's just me and my trusty Adament armor. I must thank those dwarves for giving me access to those mines!

I think I'll stop at the Chaos temple to check up on our warriors there, then down to Varrock to see how the re-building is coming along. Of course I'll have to go through the accursed Bone Yard, too bad the Void Knights refuse to give me their maces, something about the power of Guthix falling into the wrong hands. Oh well, I'm off!

-The guys at the Chaos temple are fine, they're getting a visit from some monks in a few days to officially make the temple an alter to Saradomin. I'd love to stay and chat here, but I'll have to get going in the morning and need some rest.

-Safe journey to Varrock, they've destroyed the Zamarock circle to the north of the city. The Druids wanted to make another one on top of it, but decided to create one to the south instead, that way Zamarock must penetrate Varrock's defenses to get to it.

THIS ONE DIRT STAIN JUST WON'T COME OFF, OH WELL; I'LL GET IT EVENTUALLY! FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ON WHETHER OR NOT YOU THINK THIS IS AUTHENTIC OR NOT!

CHAPTER IV

Thank you for your support, and luckily, I did get the dirt stain off! Also I must hike through the Al-Karid desert, hopefully I'll find the next piece of the journal there. By the way, I recently got a threatening letter telling me to stop trying to piece together the journal. Postie Pete was kind enough to hike all the way to Draynor to give it to me, and I'm very glad he did. I'll be carrying my rune armor from now on!

-This discovery I have made is fantastic, and is sure to change this world, as we know it! But I'm getting ahead of myself, first I must tell you what happened earlier that day! As soon as I reached Lumbridge the Duke gave me the situation: his guards had been stopping by Al-Kharid to make sure everything was ok, and found a regiment of Al-Kharid warriors huddled around the gate. They were all too scared to talk and kept muttering "Cats, cats, cats."

I ventured to see what was going on and found the warriors huddled there as expected. I walked through the gate and started off to the Palace. What I found there shocked me beyond all belief!

There was a giant lion with the head of a man! Surrounding him were cats, cats of all kinds! Kittens, wily cats, overgrown cats, white cats, black cats, and everything in between. They seemed to be talking to each other, but I could not understand the meows they gave.

I cautiously walked up the giant lion. He paid no attention to me until I picked up one of the cats; I had left my own little darling at the Chaos Temple for the boys up there to play with.

"HOW DARE YOU PICK UP ONE OF ICHLARIN'S CHOSEN!" The thing bellowed.

I took a few steps back before gathering myself.

"I apologize," I replied, quivering underneath my adamentine plate-legs (luckily they were one size to big and you couldn't see my legs shaking), "but I am just here on behalf of Saradomin's army..."

"SARADOMIN?" It shouted, "THAT OVER-RATED GOODIE-TWO-SHOES?"

"I wish you wouldn't talk of him like that, he is the one protecting us all from the evil Zamarock!"

"HA, THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK, THE CATS COULD PROTECT YOU ALL IF YOU GAVE THEM THE OPPERTUNITY, ICHLARIN HAS GIVEN THEM SPECIAL POWERS!

"Who is this Ichlarin you speak of?" I inquired, completely baffled with this creatures laughter at the Lord Saradomin.

"ICHLARIN IS THE GOD OF THE DESERT, AND HAS GIVEN ME THE HONOR OF BEING THE PROTECTOR OF ALL CATS!"

"So he is your god of peace?"

"NO, HE AND HIS SISTER RULE TOGETHER, THOUGH SHE HAS BROUGHT DISEASE AND FAMINE."

"So she is the evil goddess."

"NO, I'D RATHER NOT EXPLAIN IN DETAIL, YOU MORTAL CANNOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING!"

"Anyways," I said, perplexed at the creatures divine rulers,ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

WFCrest.gif