Brekar- discontinued for now....

Xewleer

You may wonder at its title,

or even at its plot,

but realize its a rifle

without a single shot.

~ a nonsense poem, by me.

Brekar was the son of Drekar, who was the son of Sekar, who was the beginning of the Ekar family. They lived on the southern edge of what would become the empire of Zuglank Khun the Undying. Drekar has died and Sekar long dead.

Brekar was his father's son, built for great strength, but thinner than his father, who was said to be able to bend iron by breathing in. He was also much gentler than him too, one of his few traits from his mother's side. He was now the ruler of his area, from the desert of Zarman to 25 leagues from the river north, which ran within sight of the castle. A great plague had struck the city, taking only the old, including the parents of Brekar. So he was without knowledge and counsel, even though a few of the old yet lived, it would not be for long. His only real comfort was from his wife to be, Satin, named for the cloth, whose shiny hair was a rarity in a land in which most of the people had a dull brown.

Brekar has a kingdom and responsibility, but he does not feel ready at all.

"Brekar, I know this has been a tough time for you but you must listen..."

Brekar cut the old man off short. "I don't want a lecture today, old man, what I want is an answer, do I need to rebuild the castle?"

"... no..."

"Good, that is all." Brekar opened the study door for the old man and he stumbled out. Satin, sitting on his desk, started to scratch his back when he sat down. this was what calmed Brekar down the most, he actually purred. But just for her and his mother. She got a strange pleasure from hearing this, but it also distressed her a bit, but any discomfort she had was soon forgotten. She felt him relax a certain amount then talked to him. "You know you shouldn't treat him like that..."

"I... know..." he didn't want to talk about it. But she continued, still scratching his back.

"You should treat them with kindness, they have greater wisdom than you." She stopped talking as he stopped purring. He slowly stiffened, then he turned.

"I don't care right now. You may leave before I lose my temper." He got up and walked stiff legged to the door and opened it.

She got up and left obediently, though he was a third generation lord, he still had barbarian blood, and that would take many generations to come out. She also knew that Barbarians rarely restrained themselves from hurting others. She loved him, but he was still too dangerous in this mood.

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

Satin went up to the library, Sekar, Brekar's grandfather, had it built to please his advisers, the old man, who was known as Raxas, was there, reading a book. She suddenly became shy.

"Are you okay?"

he spent a moment then looked up. "hmmm? why yes, his father did the same thing, but I'm used to it. I guess he kicked you out too."

"I went to far. He should really do better with the adviser thing. He needs people like you to run it, I never understand his pigheadedness!"

"So you are his opposite, you are very worthy to be his wife."

"I think I'm in love with him now, but does that even matter? I mean, I didn't love him until I became an adult and before that we argued at every opportunity. I don't see the relationship."

The elder man returned to his book, as she left with that comment. He smiled and whispered to himself. "Don't worry you'll understand, his mother did."

Brekar was up on the top of the roof, just sitting, without a torch despite the blackness. he sighed, still lonely, feeling incredibly insecure. He heard the light footsteps of somebody who waited. "Satin, come on, you can approach me, I do try not to bite." He felt her sit next to him, she sat cross legged and he could feel her knee against his. "Listen, about what I said, I am sorry..."

He could feel her shifting as he continued, "I shouldn't talk to someone like that he knows better. But I feel great insecurity, I fear I won't make it like my grandfather did. How about you and me and a couple friends go out riding hmmm? See a bit of the countryside, I'm sure we'll find an interesting thing. And Raxas will have a day off too. What do you think?"

He heard her hair go up and down, she stood up and gave him a hug from behind, she left and he still felt insecure. He sighed, still lonely, then he got up, and he left for his bed.

Brekar's plans, however, would ave to wait, a man came, with a message he knew that he must listen to.

"I bring tidings of the great king of the north, Zuglank Khan!" Said the man, he was about to continue when Brekar exclaimed.

"Zuglank Khan? He was a king before my grandfather's time, if our pitiful lore is to be believed, is this the son of that legendary king? I very much doubt he is alive still."

"Oh, I assure you, Lord, that he is very much alive. He is sending messengers to various castles, and tribes, to gather them under one strong banner, I do remember him mentioning your small nation personally. Would you except a hand of friendship. But I warn you, I'm afraid that the hand of friendship is easily replaced by a strong hand, with an army."

"Huh, does the messenger come to warn or tell us? Well, I cannot make my decision today, I have promised to have a vacation today. I cannot go back on promises. I will throw you a good feast this night and give you my answer by nightfall the next day."

"I see no problems, lord."

"Good, now, then, Raxas, if you would please write up something for me to read, I wish to know more about this, Zuglank Khan."

He then got up from the throne he was sitting on, and changed into looser garbs. He joined Satin, and they joined others who were already competing. Challenges were followed by contests, and soon a tournament started. Brekar's nation does not believe in giving anyone a light blow, they believe if you don't fight with all strength, you are not strong of heart. Even the messenger participated, doing very well by most standards. Brekar, now well exercised, called a halt, for a feast, and they ate well, Satin on his right, followed by Raxas to her right. The messenger sat at his left hand.

The messenger left before the dessert. Raxas and Brekar talked, giving full respect to Satin's thoughts on it all. Brekar came to his decision. And in the morning, the messenger was called.

"Very well, I will join your king in this exercise."

"Then you must come with me and tell My king, Zuglank, in person. Be ready, for the third season is nearly on us, and the rivers will be high again, it would be good if we leave in less than a 7-day."

Brekar left his keep, called by his grandfather "Fortress Mind." Though his grandfather was surely a barbarian, if a smart one. His ability to use his hands to build, and he was able to forge a nation. Brekar touched his hand to the frescoe which showed his grandfather smithing a sword.

The messenger took his horse and stopped next to him. "Lord, we need to move before the midday."

Brekar silently nodded. When the convoy left Fortress mind, he immediately perked up, joking and talking animatedly with other members of the group. Satin, who rode at his side, watched him as he talked with the messenger about Zuglank Khan. She wondered at him, so changeable, at a mere 100 feet it took to change his mood. he then turned to her in the midst of her reverie.

"So what do you think?"

"What? Sorry."

"Pay attention silly! I thought we were talking about the mannerisms of Khan's court. Will you join me when I go to visit his court?"

"Yes, of course! I didn't think that was in question."

"K, just checking."

They arrived at his capitol. Zuglank Khan's steward awaited them and they followed him into the city. The city was smallish, and it did not seem impressive, but massive building works were started. The castle at the center, greater than Fortress Mind dominated the sky and land scape.

"My king awaits you. Will you enter?"

Brekar stood before Zuglank Khan, slightly unimpressed. he was expecting an old, hoary headed wise man, or a youth full of life, but he was not expecting this. Zuglank stood at a medium height, he had non-nondescript hair with a nondescript face to accompany it. He had no identity in anything he wore, or in anything he touched or manipulated. Except his eyes, which were a vibrant green, his only unusual mark, the rest you forgot as soon as you stopped looking at him.

"Well, I do believe you're Brekar, the worthy son of Sekar."

"He's my Grandfather."

"Well, your his spitting image indeed. I could not tell you apart. The problem with immortality is that I lose focus with reality, oh well! Are you willing to join my cause to create the first powerful nation with a chance?"

"Eh? I have a fortress, I can summon an army of one hundred thousand without putting a great strain on my workforce. If needed I can mobilize my entire nation, at least five hundred thousand as a great army. Do not think that, though I dress an act in a refined barbaric manner, I have great learnings that are perfect for running my nation, with great advisers as well. Do not consider me a lesser person than you. We can be equals or enemies, and I would prefer equals."

"Well boasted indeed! And I would have us as friends, at least in your life time. What I am proposing is simple. Taking what you said I realize that there is a similarity between us, a tremendous strength of will. Neither you nor I will bow to each other without our spirits entirely shattered. But the Inspirer has granted me the ability to create a great empire, so, I will bow to you." Zuglank Bent his waist, until it was at ninety degrees. Brekar, feeling that it would be honorable to follow suit, did the same. They both raised themselves at the same time. "I consider you my ally, and under my protection. I will not make an alliance that will hurt you. But I must warn you. I have those who would try to be my allies as you have, but I do not accept wandering tribes of nomads as my allies on the same level as you. I would be careful, they would take whatever land they want to get this. I hope you have a pleasant stay."

Intresting story, but please, try to adopt the speach of the time your representing. listening to modern english gets really annoying in a fantasy setting.

Pm me if you need anything proof-read, I may not be very good, but I am always willing to help.

A Seal Clubber is me!

A Oxygenarin is me!

6*9=42

??? But that is how they speak, for real! This is in my world, they speak how I want them to speak... and I am very offended at how to write fantasy topic you posted too!

Zuglank Khan insisted that they stay and rest before making the journey back. Brekar was loathe to do so but decided that he would not insult Zuglank. After seeing Zuglank's city, Brekar and his company took the afternoon off. Brekar was reading one of the Zuglank's history books, and Satin was sleeping next to him on the large divan type piece of furniture in the Zuglank's garden. He joined them after awhile and talked a bit.

"I hope your stay has been most satisfactory. My men have given your horses a good meal and cleaning, it will all be ready before breakfast. I have arranged for a small force to be with you..."

Just then an assassin leapt out of the bushes and attacked the trio before the guards could react! Zuglank took a crossbow bolt and a knife to the side. Brekar swung at the killer before he could do any more damage, but the assassin dodged, nearly getting Satin in the eye, but scratching down her face. Brekar grabbed him by the neck and twisted, completely snapping it.

Satin quickly covered up her face wound with a napkin and was taken by the guards to the infirmary. The guards seemed less worried about Zuglank, though, merely taking out the offending weapons. The Zuglank looked like he was dead, then, coughing, got up stretched and asked about Satin as if he had not died at all!