Soilders From the Maze: Episode I

Fist_of_ozzy

Before you read this story:

This is a "Half Sequal" To the battle of Tree Gnome Village. The time peroid is the same as the soilder in before in Tree Gnome Villgae, only it's a different soilder. It also goes on the the future a bit, but it's not excatly a sequel.

If you have not read The Battle For Tree Gnome Village, I suggest you do or you are going to be one confused chap.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=556753&highlight=

Chapter I:

How Could I save her? How could I protect her from this evil that wants to hurt her? We we're failing at winning this war, and If we lost we lose it all. The village, our women slaves, our Children slaves. Our men, Beaten to death and killed. Most of us Gnome men we're at war already. I swore to protect my wife and my child which should be comming soon. My wife is pregnant and she wishes for my return back home. Home...I can see it now. My house big enough for three people, My wife is gardening in the garden. Our tomatoes are growing along with our sweet corn. My neighbors waving and smiling as my wife talks to them. Birds chrip in the garden as they Bathe in our bird bath. It's a sunny day outside, and I'm just comming home from Patroling the maze. My wife kisses me as she makes me a hot cup of tea as I lye down on my bed and read the newspapers from the town squirer. Nightime rolls around as I start a fire in our fireplace and sit on my rocking chair relaxing until I fall asleep.

Only I wasn't asleep, and It wasn't sunny out, and It's freezing cold and Raining, and I'm the farthest place away from home. I was stuck in a basement with rubble piled on top of us and Hoping that Khazard soilders don't find us. I wake up from my dream at home, and look around our small compartment. A small fire is in the middle of the basement rubble and a few men are shiviring staring at me with evil looks.

"Keep the fire going" a soilder said to me. "I'm going to take a nap, Make sure it doesn't go out." The soilder layed down and held his sword tight.

There was a few sticks in the corner and I grabbed them and put them into the fire and watched it as I put my hands close too it to warm them. I looked in the far corner of the room and saw a familair face. It was a man who stayed at my house one time. My wife found him outside of the maze bleeding and unconscience. She took him into our bed and layed him there comfortably. My wife explained everything when I got home from patrolling.

"This man was dying so I helped him." she said.

My wife used to be a surgeon, a nurse, and a doctors assistant. They recently passed a gnome law where "No women shall pertain In milatary affiars." So It put an end to that. I peeked inside the room where the man had his shirt off with bandages everywhere on his chest. He tossed and turned on the large bed screaming "Anna!" "Oh god no, ANNA!" I shut the door. I Remembered that name anna, she was our neighbor. I also remember this fellow, he worked for an old man cutting down trees and flectching them into longbows for our milatary. He usually was always at work while his wife stayed home. He worked long hours and worked outside the maze, which was a dangerous place.

The next morning we looked inside the room and he was gone. We we're surprised hey didn't say "Good-bye" or anything. Later that day we recieved news that his wife was hung outside of the maze by Khazard soilders. Me and my Wife tried too comfort him in a time of need, but he never answered his Front door when we knocked on it. He put curtains infront of his windows and every morning we would never see him leave for work.

About three days ago, A recieved a letter from our Minister of Defenses, stating that I had to go to war, or I was to be excecuted where I stand. I had no choice, I had to go. My wife kissed me good bye as we marched. The women tossed flowers at us as we marched out of the maze towards the battle-field. Behind me about 3 rows, I saw my neighbor marching and picking up the flowers. He had a war face, like he was ready to fight. I guess he was drafted too, or so I thought so.

"Pssst. Hey, Monroe!" I said while marching.

Moroe was my cousin who knew almost every person detail about every person in the village.

He turned around and saw me "What do you need?" he asked.

"That soilder 3 rows behind me on the left. Was he drafted?" I asked.

"Oh no, He joined willingly. Something about getting revenge for his wife or something like that."

I was confused, But it was simple to understand.

I watched the fire more and thought about that day. The soilder woke up and stretched his arms out.

"Hey buddy, your turn!" I said.

He looked at me strange "C'mon man, I just did it last turn. before you!"

"I really don't give a damn, watch the fire!"

I layed back down a tried to sleep as the sky just turned night. The moon was partially out and it was raining heavily. Before I fell back asleep, I stared at the gnome who I had taken care of. He was sitting against the wall with his arms crossed just staring down at the ground. He glanced at me as I looked away. Hopefully tomorro, I will live another day...

DaBulls.jpg